Job ID: MS-65279 (90090918)
.Net Developer with PL/SQL, T-SQL, ASP.net, DW/star/snowflake, ALM, C++, CLR and version control experience
Location: Jackson MS (MDEK12)
Duration: 12 months
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE # YEARS
Extensive experience with PL/SQL and T-SQL 7
Thorough understanding of data warehouse design hierarchies such as star and snowflake schemas 7
Use of ALM tools for work item management, version control, code analysis, and testing 7
Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies 7
Strong knowledge of computer languages, such as Java, C++, and SQL 7
Familiarity with continuous integration 7
Understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds 7
Preference given to candidates with the below skills/experience. Must also meet minimum requirements.
Experience with student information management systems and K-12 data and reporting is a plus
Version Control tools
PROJECT DETAILS The Mississippi Department of Education has a current goal for every community to effectively use a World-Class Data System to improve student outcomes. This goal has an outcome to increase the availability of quality data to drive decisions that improve student outcomes. We are planning to satisfy this goal in part by modernizing our current student information system along with improving the quality of data in connected systems. This will include web-based application development, and creation of dashboards and reports that will improve access, accuracy and ease of use for all stakeholders.
JOB DESCRIPTION This position will require a qualified developer/programmer to take the lead in the following tasks:
• Creation, modification and maintenance of procedures
• Creation and modification of java code
• Working closely with the database and system administrators to optimize stored procedures, views, and the overall performance of the data warehouse, accountability and other system
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
• Ability to work under severe time constraints.
• Must possess analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
References of submitted candidates required. Please provide the following information. Must submit with resume.
• First/last name of reference
• Company Name
• Job title of contractor while reporting to this supervisor/manager
• Telephone number
• Email Address (if available) No min.