Request ID: BL-9258-1 (96590401)
.Net Developer with MVC, SQL Server, C#, WCAG (must) experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 3 Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
MS SQL 2012
WEB CONTENT ACCESSIBILITY GUIDELINES (WCAG) EXPERIENCE
Database Platforms MS SQL Server 2012 Yes 2 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages .Net Yes 1 Intermediate Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages C# Yes 3 Entry Within 1 Year 1 – 2 Years
Programming Languages MVC development Yes 1 Intermediate Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Specialties WEB CONTENT ACCESSIBILITY GUIDELINES (WCAG) Yes 2 Entry Within 1 Year < 1 Year
Remote Work Availability: 50%
PLEASE READ: Due to the Executive Order issued for the State of South Carolina. This position will start off as primarily remote work. However, once the EO has lifted. The Resource will be required to come into the office. The amount of onsite work once the EO is lifted is TBD at this point. But will be at least 50% onsite.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT: The Department has an immediate need for 2 software developers with a background that includes .Net and C# and SQL Server technologies. This project will enhance the current process used by the Office in receiving and processing vendor proposals and eliminate manual and paper driven processes within the office. We are particularly looking for a developer that has knowledge and experience with MVC framework. This developer will be responsible for the analysis, design, coding, unit testing and documentation of specific application components in support of CLIENT Office of Instructional Materials project assigned by project manager. Programmer will produce the entire solution architecture documentation package and participate in the build, release, and deployment of scripts. Install/deploy code or stage code for deployment. This will be completed using the Agile Development Processes.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Work with the project manager and business analyst who have the requirements to develop an automated process by which vendor proposals can be received, tracked, and approved / disapproved.
2) Investigates errors and problems within application components and modules, remediates and solves these issues, and communicates these solutions to project manager, application customers and users using specific application defect tracking methodology and software.
3) Develop the system in accordance with the client standards for application development to include meeting accessibility requirements outlined within WCAG 2.1.
4) Develops the necessary documentation for technical code documentation and user manual documentation for customers.
5) Report progress weekly to management and project manager.