Request ID: BL-9607-1 (98591201)
.Net Developer with C#, VB.net, ASP.net, Angular.js, TFS and child care Licensing experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER
VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• 7 years of experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-scale software systems and components using .net architectures.
• 5+ years’ experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
• 5+ years’ experience building web-based software systems, utilizing N-tier architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
• 2+ years experience working Angular type scripting.
• Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and at least two application, database, messaging or web server systems.
• Successful design and implementation of multiple software components and subsystems.
• Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
• Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, and customers/stakeholders as needed or directed.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the DSS and other State information technology staff.
CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE CLEARLY WITH THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, PROJECT STAFF, AND THE USER COMMUNITY.
Environments and Tools
• MS Server 2012 R2 enterprise server, IIS 8.5
• MS SQL 2012 R2 /2014 enterprise server.
• TFS (Team Foundation Server)
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2013/2015
• Dev Ops- 1 year
• C#, ASP.NET, .NET – Must 5 years
• ASP.NET MVC 3 or higher – Recommended 3 years
• jQuery – Recommended 3 years
• WCF – Must 5 years
• Responsive design – Recommended 3 years
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Preference will be given to experience related to SC Child Care Licensing, SC Voucher, and Child and Adult Care Food (CACFP) applications system design and development and/or knowledge of the DSS Early Care and Education program’s mission and objectives
STRONG PROJECT SKILLS
MINIMAL MANAGEMENT REQUIRED
REQUIRED EDUCATION: BACHELORS DEGREE OR EQUIVALENT
Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or other quantitative discipline
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Database Platforms Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013 Yes 3 Intermediate Within 5 Years 1 – 2 Years
Programming Languages ASP.NET Yes 2 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages C# Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages Visual Studio Yes 3 Intermediate Within 5 Years 1 – 2 Years
Programming Languages Angular JS No 3 Intermediate Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
Programming Languages Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET) No 2 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Remote Work Availability: 0%
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidate should be expert coder in both visual interfaces and web services construction. In addition, they should be expert in the most effective and efficient product development using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC 3 or higher, jQuery, .NET, MS SQL 2012 R2 /2014 enterprise server and TFS (Team Foundation Server). This includes code development, unit testing, source code management, build management, integration testing, and deployment.
This contract position is needed for ongoing development and support for the Early Care and Education systems. System assignments will include maintaining and updating legacy applications into the larger integrated Child Care Services System development (CCSS). This position will also serve as a backup developer for the effort to migrate our SC Voucher process in to CCSS. This position may be assigned to additional system development projects as needed to support the Agency and the Early Care and Education program.
The Child Care Services System (CCSS) is a project that is replacing several different Child Care Systems with a newer framework that integrates functions and reporting into one system. This position will also play a role in the development efforts for the Child Care Services System and will assist in planning and integrating the SC Voucher and CACFP functions into the CCSS.
SC Voucher is an intranet application for children to receive payment vouchers attending quality rated child care providers. Attendance is logged within the system and quality rated child care providers receive payment. This is a federally funded program that is administered at the state level. This position will act as a back up to the lead developer and will be responsible for designing and implementing the processes and functions into CCSS. This position will participate in the modifications of all SC Voucher system components, and provide ongoing support for any needed changes and break/fix support for the SC Voucher’s daily use.