Job ID: WA-2017-0112-GK (99590202)
Location: 7345 Linderson Way SW, Tumwater, WA (DOT)
Duration: 4-16 months (Positions: 2/2)
4. Specific duties include:
Work independently or as a member of a WSDOT IT project teams to:
• Expert in writing SQL Scripts.
• Generate XML files
• Communicate with web services to send and receive data.
• Develop Reports in SQL Reporting Services or Crystal Reports for .NET.
• Obtain an understanding of key business needs and work directly with end users to create effective solutions.
• Elicit, understand, and document complex business processes and translate them into solutions.
• Interact and consult with senior and midlevel managers of WSDOT business units, as well as key Subject Matter Experts.
• Exercise excellent communication skills for communicating various system issues and meeting the customer’s expectations.
• Participate in workshop/interview meetings with business/application owners and end users
• Effectively manage time to assure commitments are met on time.
• Application Integration of .NET environments, and third party tools.
• Employ source code repository check-in processes.
• Employ a strong team-oriented focus.
Documentation of work to include:
• Requirements Document
• Technical documentation
• Unit tests
• Other project related documentation as required by the IT Project Office Manager or Project Lead
It would be desirable for the contractor to have demonstrated skills and knowledge in the following areas:
i) Experience using Visual Studio 2013
ii) Experience working in SQL Server 2012
iii) Experience using source control tools
iv) Experience writing API services
v) Experience with WPF programming
vi) Experience with user interface design
3. Project Description
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is initiating this Work Request to solicit proposals from firms interested in providing two senior level Client Server, Web & N-Tier Application Developers.
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), Information Technology Division (ITD) requires two senior level professional Information Technology developers to assist WSDOT development teams to analyze, design, code, test, implement and document business solutions on agency’s various .Net projects. The developers will also contribute to developing business and functional requirements for the IT software application development projects, as well as code and test.
Suitable candidates will have a proven track record working in .NET, C#, Java Script, XML, Web Services, WPF, MVC, Entity Framework, JQuery, SQL Scripts and SQL Reporting Services on software application development projects. Candidates will have a wide breadth of IT knowledge and experience. Documented IT experience should include (but not be limited to): experience in all phases of the standard IT Software Development Lifecycle and experience in different IT environments (such as Enterprise, Small Business and Government).