Job ID: VA-620034 (98290116)
.net Developer with C#, ASP.net, MVC, web services, Angular, JQuery, CSS, Bootstrap, HTML5, ADO.net, Entity, T-SQL, SQL Server, TFS, Azure/AWS, Dependency Injection, Design Patterns, SSRS/SSAS/SSIS and Agile experience
Location: Richmond VA (VDOT)
Duration: 6+ months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
C# experience developing custom .Net applications (ASP.NET, MVC.NET, .NET Core, Rest API’s, web services, Angular) Required 10 Years
Experience with ADO.Net and Entity Frameworks Required 7 Years
Experience with Visual studio or VSCode Required 7 Years
Experience with T-SQL with SQL Server database Required 7 Years
Experience with Automated Builds using Microsoft Team Foundation Server Highly desired 3 Years
Experience with cloud technologies like Azure, and / or AWS. Highly desired 2 Years
Experience with Design Patterns and using MVC framework, Dependency Injection Framework Highly desired 3 Years
Experience with SSRS / SSAS / SSIS Highly desired 3 Years
Experience with Agile SDLC best practices Highly desired 3 Years
Experience working with TFS for purposes of source control and DevOps Highly desired 2 Years
VDOT is seeking a senior .Net Applications Developer who will be responsible for analyzing complex software requirements to design and develop high quality components for N-tier systems.
The Senior Developer is expected to take a lead role within the team, ensuring that programming best practices are being followed, prioritizing work effectively, addressing production issues in a timely manner, and writing system documentation when required. The successful candidate should have strong communication skills to be effective in both technical and business requirement discussions.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Ability to develop web applications and backend services using Angular, C#, ASP.NET MVC, REST API, .NET Core, Java Script, JQuery, Node.js and CSS. Design and develop database objects in SQL Server.
• Design and develop using appropriate software design patterns to attain high re-usability and maintainability.
• Write effective unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality software delivery
• In-depth knowledge of system design patterns, tiered architecture, and testing practices.
• Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
• Ability to plan and manage projects. Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
• Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
• Work with project business and system analysts to clarify the requirements and then implement them
o Participate in code reviews
o Enforce standards and best practices
o Participate in Agile SDLC