Request ID: BL-9618-1 (91001209)
.Net Developer with ASP.NET, C#, JQUERY, AJAX, SQL, PYTHON/SCRIPTING, XML, REST, SOAP, WSDL, NET FRAMEWORK 3.5/4.0, SVN, RHAPSODY, TABLEAU SETUP / USE / MANAGEMENT/MAINTENANCE, CDC and HIPAA/CJIS experience.
Duration: 12 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
7. WEB SERVICES (REST, SOAP, WSDL)
8. NET FRAMEWORK 3.5/4.0
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. TABLEAU SETUP / USE / MANAGEMENT/MAINTENANCE
5. Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
6. Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
7. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Development Tools SQL Yes 5 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages ASP.NET Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages C# Yes 2 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages JQUERY Yes 3 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages Python Yes 6 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages SVN Yes 9 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Software Framwork .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5/4.0 Yes 8 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Web Tools AJAX Yes 4 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Web Tools WEB SERVICES (REST, SOAP, WSDL) Yes 7 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
Due to the criticality of ensuring timely and accurate data processing and reporting used by the agency to respond to COVID19 activities, additional staff are needed to assist current staff with backend processing. This will include the improvement and enhancement of existing processes in order to increase transparency and stability. The focus will be on working with IT staff and data analysts to stage needed COVID-19 data, support reporting and analytics, create and update scripts, rewrite existing logic into modern frameworks, and to create proactive monitoring processes for immediate identification and resolution of data processing issues. The team will ensure systems are following industry best practices to ensure strategic initiatives and compliance with federal and state regulatory laws and ensure business continuity.
This position will be a part of the team responsible for supporting critical systems and environments used by Public Health and Labs supporting the agency emergency response activities associated with COVID19 and day-to-day operations.
Candidates should be self-motivated, team-oriented, work under limited supervision, and respond to priority tasks as needed.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in a team comprised of DHEC and solution implementation staff for Systems Integration and Informatics related planning, design, configuration, and conversion of existing processes, code, and functionality into modern frameworks. Will coordinate with assigned IT Section Manager and Team Lead on daily assignments, tasks and coordinate and collaborate with contract staff as well as existing DHEC staff and other IT professionals working with the Office of Information Technology. Ensure assignments are completed accurately and on-time, assist with problem resolution, mitigate issues, provide solutions, communicate, and escalate as needed to management, and report progress to manager.
Emphases for the programmer candidate will be rewrite existing scripts using more modern frameworks, create new processes to improve data movement, monitoring, and reporting, and to assist with data warehousing and analysis efforts.
The candidate will provide Tier 2 support for new and existing lab systems.
Specific Programmer duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Work with analysts and IT staff to securely identify, import, stage, and automate cleaning and loading of datasets into the data warehouse.
• Create processes needed for data monitoring and notification
• Work with program area staff to perform gap analysis, gather and document business and functional requirements, suggest solutions, and create necessary processes
• Review and rewrite existing processes and scripts into modern frameworks. Create new scripts when appropriate.
• Assist with data reporting, analysis, and REST Service efforts as needed. Help to perform and automate daily maintenance and reporting processes.
• Work with analysts, IT staff, and vendors to set up, troubleshoot, and improve reporting tools and environments per IT security standards and industry best practices.
• Monitor production processing to ensure proper data flow and response times.
• Troubleshoot and resolve processing issues.
• Perform complex programming functions, assistance, and technical advice including design architecture, configuration, writing, testing, and documentation to complex programming of agency computer systems as assigned.
• Modernization of legacy computer systems to ASP .Net MVC environment.
• Modification of existing processes and creation of new processes to be compliant with agency security requirements and following industry best standards
• Migration and modification of existing computers systems in older environments to newer platform environments
• Ensure maximum system uptime for critical components to ensure business continuity.
• Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
• Adheres to Information Technology application development standards and security requirements.
• All code to be checked in and out through code repository Tortoise SVN
• Prepare and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams for applications assigned.
• Work in a collaborative effort to conceptualize total systems and/or product solutions currently in place.
• Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
• Recommend and assist in the design of system architectures to align with organizational strategic business objectives.
• Requires mastery technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
• Create supporting project and system documentation.
• Provide updates to the Project Team.
• Advise the team on best practice and techniques
The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidate should be able to work flexible hours during the week to provide coverage on weekends. Total week hours (to include the weekend) should not exceed 40 unless approved in advance (i.e., hours worked on Saturday and/or Sunday would be deducted from hours worked Mon-Fri). This position would need to be available to support the Lab on off hours and weekend.
This position will be remote until we return to the office. While remote, candidates must be in the continental US and will be required to work hours in the eastern standard time zone.
The candidate will work closely with the Systems Integration Section Manager to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The candidate will work closely with subject matter experts and data analysts for the system/process design and testing.
This will also include compliance to DHEC security policy/procedures as well as integrating systems when possible to streamline staff workflows, user security, and data correction.
Module support of the project.
• DHEC will require that selected personnel sign the DHEC confidentially agreement and/or Business Associate (BA) agreement if applicable. All web services must be secure.
• DHEC will not accept any offers including an “up-lift” charge. The rate paid per consultant must not exceed the maximum rate established for this position described in the State contract terms.
• Contractors must be onsite during each week throughout the term of the contract.
• Follow agency IT Standards, policies, and procedures to include documentation.
• All source code (compiled and un-compiled) will become the sole property of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control. Any source code, data, product, or functionality resulting from this SOW or previously owned/developed by DHEC will remain the sole property of DHEC and is not to be incorporated into the core product of any vendor’s application. Any modifications and interfaces developed under said contract will be not be used by the contractor for any independent project of the contractor or published or publicized by the contractor without written permission of DHEC.
• DHEC has the final say on all programming choices.
All timesheets shall be entered and approved in a timely manner per State contract terms. The State will not pay any extra costs (i.e. Travel, employee benefits, insurance, room and board, etc.) for temporary employees under this contract.
DHEC will provide:
• All required information including formulas, data, and mechanisms to check output.
• Staff to assist with any application or data questions.
• Conference rooms and scheduling for any application demos.
• Required software.
• Workstation/laptop may be provided. If staff are not local to the area, they may be required to supply their own device to remote into DHEC provided equipment on-site.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.