Job ID: PA-636463 (98390917)
Location: Harrisburg, PA (DCNR)
Duration: 8+ months.
Microsoft SQL 2012 or newer Required 5 Years
• C#.NET Required 5 Years
ASP.NET 3.5 or greater with MVC Required 5 Years
ASP.NET CORE MVC Required 2 Years
Visual Studio 2015 or newer Required 5 Years
TFS or VSTS/Azure DevOps Required
• Entity Framework Desired
Apps/Code scanning Desired
Agile Development Desired
Modernization experience Desired
The Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) is seeking an
experienced .NET Developer with an extensive background in SQL, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, .NET CORE,
ADO.NET and Entity Framework.
This candidate will be a part of an agile team managed by the Conservation and Environment IT
Delivery Center focused on architecture, development, deployment and maintenance of application
solutions utilizing Microsoft .NET and Microsoft MVC to support critical business operations for the
Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR). The candidate will be primarily focused
on a modernization project also support existing .NET and MVC applications and update critical
legacy applications in Microsoft ASP and older versions of Microsoft.NET to utilize the Microsoft
MVC platform. All implementations will be documented, and training materials will be created, as
needed to introduce any new functionality to DCNR Customers. This resource will also be expected
to conduct training sessions with DCNR business units on all solutions produced during this
The candidate should be able to design and create database tables and structures, database views,
functions and stored procedures, while maintaining data quality and security.
• Microsoft SQL 2012 or newer – 5 years
• C#.NET – 5 Years
• ASP.NET 3.5 or greater with MVC – 5 Years
• ASP.NET CORE MVC – 2+ years
• Visual Studio 2015 or newer – 5 Years
• TFS or VSTS/Azure DevOps
• Entity Framework
• Apps/Code scanning
• Agile Development
• Modernization experience
• Study the existing system and perform gap analysis
• Design a new SQL database, tables, views. Write database functions and stored procedures.
• Develop these enhancements or features using: C#, VB, ASP.NET MVC, .NET CORE,
• Design and Develop UI screens –UI/UX designer experience and follow the organization
• Tests enhancement and development programs.
• Participates in structured code reviews / walkthroughs.
• Executes all required process steps.
• Creates and provide content for operational documentation to Technical Writers.
• Utilizes configuration management tools, design tools, debugging tools, and any other
environment specific tools necessary to create, test, and implement an application.
• Work in an agile team environment.
• Manage and complete assigned tasks in TFS/VSTS/Azure Dev Ops
• Strong communication skills; both written and spoken