Request ID: BL-9701-1 (99590203)
.Net Developer (legacy conversion) with C#, SSRS/Power BI, Lotus Approach, MS Access, SQL Server/DB2, SubVersion, ASP.net, JQUERY, FOXPRO, AJAX, Web Services, PowerBI, and finance/security experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12+ Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
The selected individual will need to report on site on Day 1 for equipment, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Lotus Approach
2. Microsoft Access
4. SQL SERVER
6. SubVersion (Source Control)
7. RDLC (SSRS) Reporting
8. MS VISUAL STUDIO 2012
9. .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5/4.0
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. ASP.NET MVC
5. WEB SERVICES
7. Microsoft PowerBi
8. Experience with security and data classification related to Finance.
9. Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
10. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 7 or more years of relevant work experience.
Database Platforms DB2 Yes 5 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms SQL Server Yes 4 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Development Tools SubVersion (Source Control) Yes 6 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous Lotus Approach Yes 1 Expert Within 1 Year 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous Microsoft Access Yes 2 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Packaged Applications MS VISUAL STUDIO 2012 Yes 8 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages C# Yes 3 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages RDLC (SSRS) Reporting Yes 7 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Software Framwork .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5/4.0 Yes 9 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Remote Work Availability: 0%
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in a team comprised of Client and solution implementation staff for application related planning, designing, programming, and implementation of agency transactional systems to a segmented framework for the agency environment located at the State IT Data Center. Emphases for the Programmer candidate will be on the modernization of legacy computer systems that include program area developed solutions using Lotus Approach and Microsoft Access. These solutions import data from various financial sources and systems which then manipulate the data and apply complex formulas to support finance and budget forecasting and reporting needs. Once these solutions have been analyzed through the reengineering process and documented, the individual will assist with transitioning that functionality into target architecture. This will include assisting with modifications to computer systems to ensure upgrade compatibility from older to newer platform environments, application modifications to meet state and agency security standards, assist with application evaluation and build specifications, and migration of those computer systems at the State IT Data Center. Reporting functionally will be focused on Microsoft RDLC, SSRS, and O365 PowerBi.
Specific Programmer duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Work with Lotus Approach and Microsoft Access applications to reengineer syntax associated with finance formulas used in budget forecasting and reporting.
• Modernization of legacy reporting systems to Microsoft RDLC, SSRS, and O365 PowerBi.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and work with non-technical staff.
• Perform complex programming functions, assistance, and technical advice including design architecture, configuration, writing, testing, and documentation to complex programming of agency computer systems as assigned.
• Modernization of legacy computer systems to ASP .Net MVC environment.
• Modification of existing computer systems to be compliant with agency security requirements.
• Migration and modification of existing computers systems in older environments to newer platform environments following industry best practices.
• Ensure maximum system uptime for critical components to ensure business continuity.
• Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
• Adheres to Information Technology application development standards and security requirements.
• All code to be checked in and out through code repository Tortoise SVN
• Prepare and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams for applications assigned.
• Work in a collaborative effort to conceptualize total systems and/or product solutions currently in place and remediation of those systems in a segmented framework.
• Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
• Recommend and assist in the design of system architectures to align with organizational strategic business objectives.
• Assist with application/system migration and supporting scheduled tasks to State IT Data Center segmented environment, testing, validation, and user acceptance.
• Requires mastery technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
• Create supporting project and system documentation.
• Provide updates to the Project Team.
• Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cyber security policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, SC InfoSec Requirements http://admin.sc.gov/technology/information-security/policies-and-procedures, etc.)
The position will be utilized for 40 hours per week for the duration of this project. The selected candidates should be able to work flexible hours where it may be necessary for work to be completed outside traditional business hours.
The candidates will work closely with the Assigned Section Manager to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The candidates will work closely with customer and subject matter experts for the system design and testing.
This will also include compliance to Client security policy/procedures as well as integrating systems when possible to streamline staff workflows, user security, and data correction.