Job ID: NC-621848 (96990220)
.net automation tester with SQL Server, defect tracking and scripting experience
Location: Raleigh, NC (NCDST)
Duration: 6 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Very strong analytical skills Required
Very strong communication skills. Required
Very strong time management and organization skills. Required
Very strong leadership skills. Required
Basic knowledge of Microsoft .NET and Microsoft SQL Server platforms. Required 2 Years
Knowledge and hands-on experience with test management tools. Required 7 Years
Knowledge and hands-on experience with defect tracking tools Required 7 Years
Knowledge and hands-on experience with automation tools and/or development of automation scripts Required 7 Years
Very strong experience implementing QA/testing processes and standards Required 7 Years
The NC Department of State Treasurer (DST) is a dynamic state agency that serves the people of North Carolina through a variety of functions related to the personal and financial health of the state and its citizens. DST manages $100 billion in assets and the retirement systems for more than 900,000 members including teachers. firefighters, law enforcement officers. state and local government employees and other public workers. The department serves as the State’s Banker for all State agencies, universities, and community colleges, who are considered its customers. The department also administers the State Health Plan. which provides health benefits to more than 720,000 members and dependents. In addition, DST provides fiscal assistance and expertise to local governmental units by assisting them in the sale of local government debt obligations and in maintaining strong fiscal procedures, along with managing the NC Cash database that holds approximately 11.5 million properties valued at nearly $2 billion.
The Information Technology Division’s (ITD) primary purpose is to plan, develop, implement and support the technology systems that meet the operational needs of DST.
The ITD is currently in need of a Software Quality Assurance /Testing Engineer to lead our efforts in establishing a QA program in support of all software development activities. Our major applications are written using Microsoft .NET technologies supported by Microsoft SQL Server on the backend. Our largest custom developed application has millions of lines of code running on the Microsoft .NET platform. We have a need to establish formalized quality assurance and testing processes for all software that are custom developed in-house.
The responsibilities include:
• Develop a more formalized quality assurance process for all in-house custom developed software
• Manage, select, and implement QA tools & processes.
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts
• Implement and record QA metrics
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
• Coordinate with developers, technical managers, and business users to identify system requirements
• Investigate the causes of non-conforming software