Request ID: IN-8505-1 (910091211)
.Net Architect with security, sql server repliation, C#, ASP.Net, MVC, Entity, shared data center model deployment, Disaster Recovery (DR), Imaging/Document Management, release management and child support/family court experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12+ Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 7 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE INDEPENDENTLY DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING MEDIUM TO LARGE-SCALE SOFTWARE SYSTEMS AND COMPONENTS USING MICROSOFT .NET ARCHITECTURE.
• 5+ YEARS EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING DATA-DRIVEN APPLICATIONS UTILIZING SIGNIFICANT RELATIONAL DATABASE ENGINES AS PART OF THE OVERALL APPLICATION ARCHITECTURE.
• 5+ YEARS EXPERIENCE BUILDING AND DEPLOYING WEB-BASED SOFTWARE SYSTEMS, UTILIZING N-TIER ARCHITECTURES, DYNAMIC CONTENT, HIGHLY-SCALABLE APPROACHES, AND COMPLEX SECURITY MODELS/IMPLEMENTATIONS
• 5+ YEARS OF SUCCESSFUL DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF MULTIPLE SOFTWARE COMPONENTS AND SUBSYSTEMS.
• ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SOFTWARE SYSTEMS INCLUDING RELEVANT STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES AND REASONS FOR IMPLEMENTATION DECISIONS.
• ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE (ORALLY AND WRITTEN) EFFECTIVELY WITH TECHNICAL, NON-TECHNICAL STAFF, AND CUSTOMERS/STAKEHOLDERS AS NEEDED OR DIRECTED.
• ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY WITH THE client AND OTHER STATE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STAFF.
ENVIRONMENTS AND TOOLS:
• MS SQL 2012/2014 DATABASE SERVER (MUST, MINIMUM 8 YEARS)
• MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 2013/2015 (MUST, MINIMUM 8 YEARS)
• C#, ASP.NET, .NET (MUST, MINIMUM 8 YEARS)
• ASP.NET MVC 3 OR HIGHER (MUST, MINIMUM 3 YEARS)
• ENTITY FRAMEWORK 6 (RECOMMENDED, MINIMUM 2 YEARS)
• EXPERIENCE WITH DEPLOYMENT AND CONFIGURATION ON A SHARED DATA-CENTER MODEL
• KNOWLEDGE OF DISASTER RECOVERY (DR) ARCHITECTURE AS PER STATE AND FEDERAL GUIDELINES.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH SQLSERVER DATABASE REPLICATION
• EXPERIENCE WITH IMAGING AND DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
• EXPERIENCE IN SYSTEMS OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT AND RELEASE MANAGEMENT
• PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT OR FAMILY COURT CASE MANAGEMENT APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT PREFERRED
• TRACK RECORD OF LEADING A TECHNICAL WORK STREAM WHILE COLLABORATING WORK WITH FUNCTIONAL AND HOSTING TEAM(S) TO MEET END USER NEEDS.
• BS DEGREE
Database Platforms MS SQL Server 2014 Yes 3 Advanced Within 1 Year 6 + Years
Database Platforms Relational Database Experience Yes 2 Advanced Within 1 Year 6 + Years
Database Platforms Agile No 8 Intermediate Within 1 Year < 1 Year
Miscellaneous 3-tier, 2-tier, n-tier architectures Yes 4 Advanced Within 2 Years 6 + Years
Miscellaneous Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form Yes 2 Advanced Within 1 Year 6 + Years
Packaged Applications MS VISUAL STUDIO 2013 Yes 6 Intermediate Within 2 Years 6 + Years
Program Management EXPERIENCE WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF LARGE ENTERPRISE LEVEL PROJECTS WITH PROVEN IMPLEMENTATION SUCCESS Yes 2 Advanced Within 1 Year 6 + Years
Programming Languages .Net Yes 6 Intermediate Within 2 Years 6 + Years
Programming Languages C# Yes 6 Intermediate Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
Quality Assurance (QA) Disaster Recovery Yes 6 Intermediate Within 5 Years 1 – 2 Years
Software Framwork Entity Framework Yes 5 Intermediate Within 2 Years 2 – 4 Years
Specialties Child Support Enforcement System (CSES) No 9 Entry Within 5 Years < 1 Year
Additional Skills: Experience with Deployment and Configuration on a shared datacenter model
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Department seeks a highly motivated individual who has the skills and experience of designing and developing enterprise scale web applications on the Microsoft .NET platform for the integrated Child Support Enforcement and Family Court Case Management applications under the South Carolina Department of Social Services.
Candidate should have functional experience in Judicial Systems as well as technical systems architecture experience. The candidate should have previous experience in visual user interface(s), application logic, database design and web services construction on the Microsoft Windows platform. In addition, they should be familiar with the most effective and efficient product development using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/15, C#, ASP.NET, .NET, MS SQL 2012/14 Database Server (including SQL Server Reporting Services) and TFS (Team Foundation Server). This includes code development, database/script development, unit testing, source code management, build management, integration testing, and deployment.Take initiative in performance, working independently and with groups to effectively accomplish project objectives and engage in the following:
• Review and approve technical and architecture documentation.
• Advise and assist in the installation, configuration and setup of the FCCMS Application.
• Provide input and assistance in product installations and upgrades.
• Interact with other software engineers and technical leaders to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
• Review design and code of existing systems to determine potential issues and provide suitable recommendations to improve code quality.
• Design and document subsystems and system components consisting of (in OO terms) several objects working together to execute an encapsulated function of the larger system.
• Implement and debug subsystems and components.
• Write and execute tests for subsystems and components.
• Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers
• Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and components and help determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
• Determine and communicate the requirements and capabilities of components within the context of the larger system, project, and team.
• Support management of the team’s technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from the engineers or other project leads.
• Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.