Job ID: UT-62839 (910990621)
.Net Architect with agile, Micro-Services and Dev-Ops experience
Location: 250 E 500 S, Salt Lake City Utah (Utah State Board of Education)
Duration: 4-5 years
Positions 1 (1/2)
This need is for a resource interested in a long term contract. The right person will welcome a 4 year contract with the option to extend for another year
CATEGORY QUALIFICATIONS CANDIDATE RESPONSE
1. Degree Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in an IT related field.
2. IT Experience Candidates must have 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5 years in a lead design or architectural capacity.
3. Experience in Multiple Technologies Candidates must demonstrate broad knowledge and expertise in multiple technologies such as Microsoft .NET, application servers, integration hubs, nTier, database management systems and open source trends; expertise in strong database design and implementation, and clear understanding of object-oriented design principles.
4. Effective Verbal & Communication Skills Candidates must demonstrate the ability to communicate in language that non-tech people can understand and in being adept at producing architectural diagrams and presentations for use in communication with various levels of management and staff in both the business and IT.
5. Interpersonal Relationships Candidates must demonstrate the ability to manage relationships while demonstrating persistence and problem-solving and the ability to prioritize tasks.
6. Adaptation Candidates must demonstrate the ability to adapt to new and changing situations.
7. Forward Thinking Candidates must possess the ability to recognize forward-looking business needs along with industry, business and IT trends
8. Agile Experience Experience in Agile methodologies is a plus.
9. Micro-Services Experience Experience with micro-services is a plus.
10. Dev-Ops Experience Experience in a Dev-Ops environment is a plus.
In addition to your responses to the above, USBE reserves the right to require any or all of the following to assist USBE in its evaluation of candidates:
• Documentation or demonstration of prior work performed
• Feedback from references
• An interview
• A presentation
• Work with the technology team to design and develop an advanced data infrastructure, including components such as the web‐based presentation layer and multi‐tenet data collection layer
• Responsible for the development of technology solutions
• Responsible for mapping the business requirements to system/technical requirements
• Lead the architecture design and support the enterprise application portfolio, including third‐
party and custom applications for enterprise‐wide capabilities
• Recommend alternatives for how to migrate the application portfolio to best align with business needs and to optimize maintainability/performance
• Research new software tools and technologies, create and evaluate prototypes, and provide recommendations to IT management
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure that application architecture is aligned with business requirements
• Lead evaluation of software to be used within the application architecture
• Architect the composition of custom‐built solutions
• Ensure technical designs comply with architecture guiding principles
• Design solutions for scalability
• Evaluate and recommend application development and support technologies
• Provide guidance, direction and support to application development and technical designers