Job ID: MS-62437 (912490603)4P
.Net Architect/EA (TOGAF/CTA/CEA/ITIL) with design/architectural patterns, CLR, TFS, SOA, EA, C#, MVC, WCF, LINQ, SQL, Entity, OOAD, UML, Visio and agile/scrum experience
Location: 3771 Eastwood Dr Jackson MS (Mississippi Department of Education)
Duration 7-19 months
Positions 2 (2/2)
Sample docs: required (to be submitted with resume)
References: min 3 required
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE # YEARS
Work samples required, must include with resume at time of submittal No min.
Be familiar with various design and architectural patterns 7
Have experience with database creation and maintenance 7
Have an understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds 7
Be proficient in Agile / Scrum project methodologies 7
Have experience with Team Foundation Server 7
Have experience in web-based systems architecture, service-oriented architecture, enterprise application architecture 7
Have hands-on experience with the following technologies: C#, .NET, MVC, WCF, LINQ, SQL, Stored Procedures, Entity framework, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, UML, MS Visio 7
Possess exceptional communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills 7
Preference given to candidates with the below skills/experience. Must also meet minimum requirements.
Object Oriented Analysis and Design
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the area assigned by the agency; AND five (5) years of experience in Enterprise Architecture or closely related work, two (2) years of which must have been in a supervisory or consultative capacity in the field to which assigned (OR) CTA \ CEA \ TOGAF or ITIL certifications AND five (5) years of experience in Enterprise Architecture or closely related work, three (3) years of which must have been in a supervisory or consultative capacity in the field to which assigned.
The Mississippi Department of Education has a current goal for every community to effectively use a World-Class Data System to improve student outcomes. This goal has an outcome to increase the availability of quality data to drive decisions that improve student outcomes. We are planning to satisfy this goal in part by modernizing our current student information system along with improving the quality of data in connected systems. This will include web-based application development, and creation of dashboards and reports that will improve access, accuracy and ease of use for all stakeholders.
The position will be responsible for gathering agency and program office business strategies and defining an IT systems architecture to support those strategies. The IT Enterprise Architect is responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of IT architecture models and their lower level components. They are also required to interpret, use and apply information contained within the IT architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of IT support systems.
This position may also require the candidate to:
• Translate business requirements into system requirements and solution designs
• Translate requirements into technical work items
• Maintain consistent coding practices across developments
• Recommend and participate in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the IT Enterprise Architecture
• Research overall ICT solutions on the market for particular technical requirements and business needs
• Implement the strategy for the development of IT/technology architecture work
• Conduct and/or actively participate in meetings related to the designated project/s, with clients and/or partners
• Recommend and participate in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives
• Collaborate with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine conformance with the EA
• Identify and recommend areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption
• Identify implementation risks and analyses potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications