MS Access Developer with SQL/VBA, Project Management and Property Tax Distribution Systems experience
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 6 months (Hours:154)This is a part-time position. Candidate will dedicate approximately 6-10 hours per WEEK, and will be allowed to work remotely.
The Department of Revenue (DOR) is seeking to fill a 6 month contractor assignment. The selected candidate will update and improve the existing Property Tax Distribution Access Database system. The primary function for this position will be to assist in the appraisal of all public utilities and the distribution of the values to local taxing units. The contractor will also manage the annual Sales/Assessment Ratio Studies as required by G.S. 105-284. The selected candidate will work with the property tax team to enhance and test system functionality.
The project includes defined tasks to modify the existing application to provide an audit trail for all changed values, keep prior years values rather than creating a new database for each year, modify data integrity rule/edits, revise and add allocation factors, add/modify reports/graphs, provide automated interface to existing SARS database, add new search fields and search capabilities. The contractor will update airline distribution inputs, auto load of imported spreadsheets and provide complete technical and system documentation.
• Minimum of ten (10) years experience in database management
• Previous experience working with Property Tax Distribution Systems required
• Expert in Microsoft Access 2007 database development (Power Use)
• Understanding of the system design cycle
• Ability to build data import utilities
• Proven SQL/VBA advanced programming experience
• Strong system documentation skills
• Strong project management skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and on schedule completion of projects
• Strong communication skills
• Proven ability to understand different business models
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Must be self motivated and able to work independently
• Strict confidentiality and data integrity is required