Job ID: NC-615343 (98590403)
Medicaid Architect (EA/SA) with MES Certification, MITA, BI, SOA, Oracle/SQL Server, Agile, Java/JSP, Cloud, RFP drafting and Claims/Financial processing experience
Location: Raleigh NC (DHHS)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: In-person or webcam
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Knowledge of the Medicaid Systems and Solutions Highly desired 7 Years
Knowledge of the MITA Business, Information and Technical architectures Highly desired 4 Years
Experience with MES Certification Desired 2 Years
Experience with cross-system functionality including supporting efforts in design development implementation of the Medicaid systems & BI Solutions Required 7 Years
Extensive knowledge related to SOA Required 7 Years
High proficiency with reviewing proposals in regards to recommending architecture strategy for business Strategy, IT strategy to align with the NC STA Required 4 Years
Excellent general IT knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, operations, documentation, standards, best practices. Required 7 Years
Experience with Technical Proposal Evaluations Required 7 Years
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability present to both technical and business audiences. Required 7 Years
Knowledge on Oracle, MS SQL Databases. Highly desired 7 Years
Experience participating or leading projects using an Agile methodology. Desired
Knowledge on Java, J2EE, JSP, JVM, Servlets. Desired
Experience working with various vendors and coordinating with the Systems Integrator Required 7 Years
Experience with Cloud Implementations Required 5 Years
Knowledge on Claims and Financial Processing Required 5 Years
Experience working on Agile Projects Required 3 Years
NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Information Technology Division (ITD) is seeking long-term Enterprise Architect (EA) & Solutions Architect (SA) to perform work for the federally-required Medicaid Enterprise System implementation project. These resources will lead the review of the Enterprise and Solutions architecture (EA & SA) efforts across the DHHS organization. These individuals are also responsible for evaluating the EA and SA methods (how architecture is developed and used), artifacts (what information is gathered, modeled and retained), culture (attributes of the people that make up the enterprise) and environment (the tools and frameworks used to perform the methods). The EA will be responsible for reviewing the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive useful business context. Work with the MES Project Team to promote the system enterprise process, outcomes and results to the organization, including the executives, business leaders and IT leaders. Make recommendations that help refine the organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the enterprise architecture. The SA will be in charge of leading the projects and introducing the overall technical vision for a particular solution.These positions will also support the development of MES roadmaps for the enterprise architecture based on business priorities and IT strategies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
• Knowledge of the Medicaid Enterprise System (MES),
Experience leading Cloud implementations
Experience with drafting RFP’s
• Federal and State procurement and contract policies statutes, rules and regulations
• Experience in the implementation, operations, and maintenance of an MMIS, or other health care claims processing or eligibility system project;
• Knowledge of the MITA Business, Information and Technical architectures
• Has an understand of CMS Seven Standards and Conditions
• Experience with MES Certification
• Understands project portfolio management processes and deliverables, project management methodology, and business requirements elicitation techniques and documentation.
• Ability to oversee regulatory compliance, access control, data and network protection, operational security and business continuity for disaster recovery
Finding the best tech solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems.
Describing the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of software to project stakeholders.
Defining features, phases, and solution requirements.
Providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
• Professional demeanor; ability to establish rapport and work well with others
• Proficient use of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Adobe Reader (scanning/emailing documents) software