Job Id: MP-RF01457 (97590822)
Mainframe Support Engineer with VM/VSE, JCL, MQSeries, CICS, DL/I Table, RDO, ACT, ZEKE/ZACK and Audit 783 experience
Location: NYC, NY (DXC)
Duration: 5-10 Years
* Housekeeping of important files (each Monday we need to review files if they have enough space and if not to take actions)
* On call for Batch Remediation team, when remediation team is not able to solve technical issues with the cycles. Most of time will require to escalate applications development team as well. *** Normally for others clients Apps support Batch Scheduling in case of problems.
* Creation/Updates of VSE production JCL to support schedule changes and new applications promotions.
* Creation/Maintenance of JCL and associated schedule for backups.
* Creation/Maintenance of new queues for MQ series
* Creation/Maintenance of CICS and DL/I Table and RDO changes to support schedule changes and new applications.
* Creation/Maintenance of files on disk
* Creation/Maintenance of databases
* Creation/Maintenance of backups or integration of files and databases into existing backups.
* Creation/Maintenance of files and databases in CICS File Control Table
* Creation/Maintenance of Programs and transactions in CICS RDO
* Creation/Maintenance of DL/I Resources in CICS ACT
* Liaise with Developers and possibly users on run requirements.
* Support for Batch schedule Zeke/Zack for VM/VSE runtime issues;
* Resolve Batch Scheduling incidents Zeke/Zack for VM/VSE;
* Creation/amendment/deletion of ZEKE/ZACK scheduler items to support schedule changes and new applications.
* Resolve Batch schedule runtime issues
* Integration of new jobs into scheduled
* Scheduling support in new Apps Projects
* Promotion of mainframe applications into Production.
* Support and Deliver Audit 783 Internal Control