Job ID: PA-642453 (99591216)
Mainframe Developer with IBM z/OS JCL, Assembler, IMS DB/DC, DB2 and VSAM file Processing experience.
Location: Harrisburg , PA (L&I)
Duration: 6 months
IBM z/OS JCL Required 10 Years
Assembler Required 10 Years
IMS DB/DC Required 10 Years
DB2 Required 10 Years
VSAM file Processing Required 10 Years
Technical Specialist 5 (TS5) – More than 12 years relevant experience
This Technical Specialist 5 will provide advisory support to existing production application technical support staff and perform complex technical analysis, design, assist with advise on deployment and implementation of changes, modifications, and enhancements to the Departments legacy mainframe applications.
The UC Legacy Advisory Technical Specialist is expertly familiar with the DLI UC Benefits applications as well as the systems software and the languages that support these applications. Expert level Technical skills expertise in Assembler, IMS, and other IBM Z/OS mainframe technologies and utilities.
This Advisory Technical Specialist is a senior level resource with specialized knowledge and experience in mainframe technology. The Technical Specialist has an overall knowledge and understanding of application development and architecture that serves as a strong base for technical expertise in a specific product or program.
• Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
• Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/ products.
• Able to identify best practices and standards for the use of the product.
• Delivers support and design advise for Pennsylvania’s UC Benefit applications that require integration with statewide systems or applications.
• Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
• Functions as a niche technical SME.
• Advanced experience in the required technical subject matter.
• Proven experience with a technical specialty across large and complex implementations and systems.
• Lead experience with technical expertise across large, complex implementations for enterprise systems.