Job ID: TX-RRC16413 (97690212)2P
CLOSED: Mainframe/COBOL Programmer with CICS, JCL, REXX, Mark4, ISPF, File-Aid, Job Scheduler, IMS, VSAM, SQL, TSO and RRC/Oil & Gas experience
Location: Austin TX (RRC)
Duration: 6-18 months
Attachments: resume only (3)
10+ Detailed knowledge of developing and maintaining mainframe applications
7 Skill in COBOL, CICS, JCL, REXX, Mark4, ISPF, File-Aid, and Job Scheduler
7 Skill in systems documentation
7 Experience and understanding of IMS and VSAM
7 Ability to read code, understand business rules, and modify programs based on new rules
7 Excellent communication skills
Experience developing complex application systems using software development life cycle
• Experience developing application using COBOL 390
• Experience developing applications using the relational IMS database
• Experience developing SQL scripts and queries
• Mainframe knowledge in JCL, CICS, VSAM, and TSO
• Extensive experience with RRC Oil & Gas systems preferred
The Texas Railroad Commission ITS division requires the services of two senior mainframe technical resource preferably with RRC Oil and Gas systems experience hereafter referred to as Worker, who meets the general qualification of a Programmer 3 in legacy technology. The Worker will apply their expert knowledge of mainframe code analysis and development application systems to support the needs of the Mainframe Transformation Team.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Design, develop, and write code as needed to modify mainframe systems or extract data for review prior to moving it into the new application infrastructure or Informatica staging database.
• Research and review complex and disparate sources to document currently functioning code to enable movement of business applications off the mainframe.
• Meeting with the business, vendor staff, and the information technology team to understand the existing applications, and the required changes needed as each application is wholly or partially moved during multiple releases off the mainframe.
• Participate in requirements gathering or review sessions
• Create technical design documents and specifications
• Develop programs in COBOL, or update JCL as needed
• Perform unit and system testing
• Support the users in acceptance testing
• Work with the IT team to move the system into production
• Create necessary system documentation