Job ID: VA-640073 (98291124)
Local OBIEE Developer with XML/XPath/XSD, RTF/PDF, BI Publisher, PL/SQL, TOAD/SQL Developer, Crystal Reports, BO, data warehouses, ETL, data models, ETL/ODI/Informatica/SSIS and Power BI/PowerBI experience
Location: Richmond VA (ABC)
Duration: 12 months
*ALL candidates MUST be able to attend a web based interview. Local candidates may start working remotely HOWEVER they will be expected to work on site once offices safely reopen.
*Important to note: If offered the role, equipment MUST be picked up in person (COV ID credentials require initial log in to be done locally). Therefore someone who is out of the state cannot be considered and equipment cannot be shipped).
Oracle BI Publisher / OBIEE (Oracle BI) Required 5
Experience with XML/XPath/XSD concepts Required 2
Experience creating RTF/PDF templates for BI Publisher Reports Required 2
Advanced SQL (PL/SQL preferred) scripting & query knowledge Required 5
BI Publisher Security model and configuration Highly desired 2
Performance tuning SQL and PL/SQL Highly desired 2
Experience with Oracle BI Dashboards & Analysis Highly desired 2
Experience using Oracle SQL Developer or Toad Highly desired 2
Experience with other mainstream reporting tools such as SAP Crystal and Business Objects Highly desired 2
Advanced experience working with relational database systems and writing complex views, queries, and procedures Required 5
Working knowledge of data warehouses, ETL, and data models (star schema, dimensional) Highly desired 2
Experience with an ETL platform such as Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica, or SSIS Nice to have 2
Working knowledge Microsoft PowerBI (pls note this is not the main tool they are looking for) Desired 2
UPDATED INFO from mgr:
We are looking for a Report Developer with a mix of skills. OBIEE and BIP are required, preferably with experience in not just report development, but some OBIEE admin skills as well.
We are transitioning to a MSBI stack, so PowerBI, SSRS and Sql server skills are important as well.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: Right now we are an Oracle shop, order of preference for this role are
BIP, OBIEE then PowerBi, SSRS and SQLServer.
The latter skills will gradually become more prominent but we do require candiadtes to be proficient in supporting our existing environment.
The BI Report developer will be responsible for the analysis, design, and delivery of reports for various business lines and use cases across the organization as part of the Enterprise BI & Reporting strategy.
• 2+ years of experience with Oracle BI Publisher / OBIEE (preferable 12c)
• XML/XPath/XSD Concepts
• Skilled with creating RTF/PDF Templates for BI Publisher Reports
• 2+ years BI Publisher & OBIEE Catalog Maintenance
• Understanding of Oracle BI & BI Publisher security models and implementation
• BI Publisher Administration Concepts
• BI Publisher Security
• BI Publisher Migration to new Versions
• Experience with Export/Import Catalog Objects in OBIEE
• Experience writing complex SQL views and/or procedures
• Preferred experience with Oracle BI (OBIEE) Dashboards
• Working knowledge of ETL & Data Warehousing, Oracle BI repository preferred
• Experience with tools such as Oracle SQL Developer & Toad
• Worrking knowledge of Microsft BI Stack (SSRS/SSAS Tabular/PowerBI/SQLServer) Microsoft PowerBI.
Long term view: ABC is moving our reporting to a MS platform for BI so exposure to MS Power BI is key.
• Assist in working with business and technical teams to gather report and data integration related
requirements from business users to create functional and technical requirements documents..
• Communicate with business users and project managers at regular project status meetings.
• Translate business requirements and source system understanding into technical design.
• Ensure Project deliverables are delivered on time.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing