Job ID: VA-643637 (97891124)
Local .Net Developer with VB.Net, SQL Development, ASP and MVC experience.
Location: Clifton Forge, VA (VDOT) (local candidates strongly preferred)
Duration: 6 months
Interview: Webcam Interview Only
.NET Development Required 7 Years
VB.Net Development Desired 3 Years
C#.Net Development Desired 3 Years
SQL Development Desired 5 Years
ASP Desired 3 Years
MVC Desired 3 Years
local candidates strongly preferred
*ALL candidates MUST be able to attend a phone and/or webex interview, NO exceptions
*This position may be extended beyond 6/30, possibly for several years
*candidates will telework (after coming to office in Clifton Forge, Va to pick up laptop. WILL NOT SHIP).
The Senior .NET Developer is expected to take a lead role within the team; develop/enhance/maintain .NET code, ensuring that programming best practices are being followed, prioritizing work effectively, addressing production issues in a timely manner, and writing system documentation when required. The successful candidate should have strong communication skills to be effective in both technical and business requirement discussions.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Ability to develop applications and backend services using C#, VB, ASP.NET MVC, CORE, Web API, Java Script, JQuery, and CSS
• Design and develop using appropriate software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability.
• Write effective unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality software delivery
• In-depth knowledge of system design patterns, tiered architecture, and testing practices.
• Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
• Ability to plan and manage projects. Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
• Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
• Work with project business and system analysts to clarify the requirements and then implement them
• Participate in code reviews
• Enforce standards and best practices