Job ID: NC-639877 (98591113)
Local Infrastructure PM with Azure/AWS/AMS, AD, DNS, data center, DR, MS Project and SharePoint experience
Location: Raleigh, NC (NCAOC)
Duration: 7 Months
Interview: Webcam Interview Only (******* LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY ********)
Cloud, preferably for Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Amazon Managed Services (AMS) project experience Highly desired 6 Years
Familiarity with Active Directory (AD), software licenses & certifications, and Domain Name System (DNS) Highly desired 6 Years
Data center infrastructure project experience (from SOW/initiation, through execution & closing – including testing & DR familiarity) Required 6 Years
Decision-making; risk management analysis; managing projects and teams; project management software such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office. Required 6 Years
SharePoint experience. Required 6 Years
Prepare and present reports clearly and concisely in both oral and written form; facilitate communication within teams and extended project teams. Required 6 Years
Provide leadership, motivation, and mentoring to project team members; coordinate actions of team members and resolve conflicts. Required 6 Years
Ability to work in a fasted-pace environment. Required 6 Years
Possess strong work ethic, shows self-management, dedication, and teamwork Required 6 Years
Experienced managing risks, issues and reporting Required 6 Years
The North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts (NCAOC) seeks a qualified Infrastructure Project Manager to support its mission to protect and preserve the rights and liberties of all the people.
The Infrastructure Project Manager position is responsible for leading medium to large complex technical projects from inception to closing. This position also has responsibilities for planning, executing, and finalizing infrastructure projects according to a strict deadline, within budget. This position must have strong project management experience with enterprise-wide HW/SW installation, field deployment standup data center infrastructure to support customers’ requirements and applications development teams. Must be a team player with good negotiation skills and have a take charge mindset.
Primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinate all activities related to a project and be the focal point for all communications, status, and schedules for multiple concurrent IT projects.
• Manage projects of all sizes through intake, initiation, planning, manage and monitor, execution and closing while managing the constraints of cost, time, resources, scope, and quality.
• Lead the planning and implementation of cloud migrations and related projects for multiple project teams.
• Oversee the overall planning, coordination, execution, and completion of assigned projects and strategic initiatives.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Define, develop, and execute project plans specifying goals, strategy, resources, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans according in collaboration with the PMO methodology and process, ensuring project goals are met on time and on budget.
• Manage and negotiate all requests for change order.
• Work with stakeholders to gather and manage the business requirements migrations from on-premise data center to cloud environment.
• Data center infrastructure project experience (from SOW/initiation, through execution & closing – including testing & DR familiarity)
• Cloud, preferably for Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Amazon Managed Services (AMS) project experience
• Managed projects for the migration of data from on-prem to cloud environments like AWS or Azure
• Familiarity with Active Directory (AD), software licenses & certifications, and Domain Name System (DNS)
• Understands information security concepts (antivirus, encryption, SSO, MFA)
• Experienced managing risks, issues and reporting
• Uses project management methodology, practices good documentation and note taking.
• Possess strong work ethic, shows self-management, dedication, and teamwork
Staff work hours are typically 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday.
Knowledge of: Data center fundamentals to include on-premise servers, VMWare, storage, networking, and wireless networking fundamentals to include WANs, LANS technologies (i.e. routers, switches, access points, etc.); AZURE and/or AWS; network infrastructure; data center operations; and business applications development and support.
Skills in: managing and coordinating work between operations and development teams; communicating effectively orally and in written form; negotiation; presentation; large scale network migration projects; data center infrastructure migration to AZURE and AWS; and Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
Ability to: be a technical leader that can drive project processes and technical projects to meet time sensitive deadlines; work with minimal assistance; establish and maintain a good working relationship within and outside the Infrastructure teams; manage multiple projects, activities, and tasks under time constraints within a fast-paced environment; effectively communicate project scope, status, and issues to internal and external stakeholders; manage multiple concurrent projects efforts of various sizes; build comprehensive projects schedules with critical path; manage project scope, costs, and timelines; and handle risk and issue management, mitigation, and escalation.