Job ID: VA-665872 (97391021)
Local Communications Manager with MS Publisher, SharePoint, Desktop Publishing, Adobe Creative Cloud and Drupal/CMS experience
Location: Richmond VA (Dept of Accounts )
Duration: 8 months
**Work product samples or link to their portfolio (on resume) is required for consideration
Local RVA candidates will be considered first. Some ON SITE required.
On SITE Tues-Thursday in the near future. with the expectation that if the mgr feels they need to be onsite 100% of the time to get the job done, they will make it required
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating Move
Sr level Communications related work (*pls make sure work product samples or link to their portfolio is on resume) Required 5 Years
Exp with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher Required 5 Years
Exp with Sharepoint Skills Highly desired 3 Years
Exp with Desktop Publishing Highly desired 5 Years
Exp with Adobe Creative Cloud Highly desired 2 Years
Exp with Content Management System (Drupel preferred) Highly desired 2 Years
We are seeking a hands-on Communications Manager to lead the strategic communication effort during the statewide implementation of the Human Capital Management (HCM) project. Communication will be delivered to a wide range of audiences using via blogs, emails, website updates, presentations, videos, brochures, and other media.
The Communications Manager must be confident in working with all organizational levels, accomplish tasks within established time frames, possess a strong sense of professionalism, have outstanding written and oral communication skills, and be flexible, adaptable, collaborative, and open-minded to meet changing program needs and requirements. This individual will be responsible for supporting the communications strategy and managing a communication/SharePoint/Website specialist.
• Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
• Adobe Creative Suite
• SharePoint Administration
• Web-based applications
• Google applications, specifically Gmail
• Desktop publishing and graphic design technology
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Outstanding verbal and written skills.
• Exceptional organizational, critical thinking and time management skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency to manage competing deadlines with short timelines.
• Strong presentation and relationship-building skills.
• Proven ability to lead an effort and empower teammates to deliver high-quality products in fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise tact, discretion, and sound judgment.
• Ability to adjust writing style according to the literacy competency of the audience.
• Ability to manage ambiguity and apply problem-solving skills.
• Ability to employ research and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Possess initiative and self-management.
• Knowledge of content management systems for website maintenance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead your team to support multiple communication efforts concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
• Lead your team to develop, prioritize, evaluate, and report on the effectiveness of project communications.
• Lead your team to develop recommendations for communication continuous improvement utilizing best practices.
• Brand management
• Enhance and execute established communication plan for deployment communications.
• Develop communication messaging and collateral materials that align with the established strategic communication plan, program goals, objectives, and change management strategy.
• Speak to statewide audiences and key stakeholder groups.
• Facilitate communication to increase awareness and agency ownership.
• Critically review and synthesize information from various teams.
• Plan, create, and edit collateral materials.
• Create and update web content.
• Work collaboratively with internal teams, technical and community partners, and diverse public stakeholders.
• Collaborate extensively with external vendors to implement components of the communication plan and seek out opportunities for improving agency understanding of and participation in the plan.
• Cultivate a challenging and productive working environment for staff.
• Being flexible and adaptive to changing situations and ambiguity identifying recommended course of action.
• Set, track, and accomplish priorities, goals, and timetable to achieve maximum productivity and know the status of activities at all times.
• Serve as the administrator for Cardinal Project mailboxes, the Commonwealth of Virginia Learning Center (COVLC), SharePoint, and software licensing.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communication, marketing or related field.
• Minimum of five years professional experience in the communication field, with at least two years of experience developing and implementing strategic communication efforts, including writing and editing in digital and traditional media.
• Demonstrated knowledge of writing, editing, proofreading, and tenets of journalism.
• Demonstrated experience in project management and working with teams to create publications and other media.
• Ability to work independently or with different teams to brainstorm, create, and implement multiple creative projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a team and prioritize multiple projects.
• Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to a variety of issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to provide published writing samples.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Degree in relevant field.
• Experience with videography (editing and web publishing).
• Able to establish positive relationships with diverse partners/teams.
• Demonstrated ability to perform public speaking