Job ID: UT-53368 (910090504)3P
LMI Technical Writer with Labor Market Information (LMI), electronic publishing, Bureau of Labor Statistics, networking, database and Labor department experience
Location: Salt Lake City UT
Duration: 7 months
Positions: 1 (1/n)
– Knowledge of documentation-producing software.
– Knowledge of electronic publishing tools.
– Solid ability to write clear and easy-to-read documentation for system users.
– Specific knowledge of Bureau of Labor Statistics data collection systems.
– Specific knowledge of day-to-day operations in state LMI shops.
– General understanding of how large-scale computer networks function.
– General understanding of how large database software systems function.
5 Years help documentation writing experience
Experience with labor economics and data analysis processes
Experience with Bureau of Labor Statistics data collection programs
STATEMENT OF WORK
The person filling this position will be responsible for production of technical and user documentation for the Projections Suite (PS) application and all subsidiary systems. PS is a desktop-based software application with various web-based components designed to assist economists and data analysts in state labor market information (LMI) sections around the U.S. in the process of preparing industry and occupation employment projections.
The person would:
– Become familiar with PSA and its related systems at a detailed level.
– Understand how PS processes employment data.
– Understand how projections analysts in state labor market information divisions use the PS system, including use of the various web-based related systems (Report Manager, Local Review, and the public projections site).
– Obtain input on needed documentation from Utah technical staff, national and regional technical leads, and state users.
– Write clear, accurate and easy-to-understand documentation for state users.
– Publish the documentation in easy-to-access electronic format, with the option of generating hard copies.