Job ID: UT-69083 (90090221)
Linux Admin with BASH, Python, cloud, networking, FTI/HIPAA/CIS, Apache, JBOSS/Firefly, Tomcat, MySQL, PHP, NFS, CIFS, kernel, AWS and load balancing experience
Location: Salt Lake City (UT)
Duration: 9 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Interview: In-person or webcam/phone
The Skills Assessment needs to be Linux Fundamentals
● 4 + years of Linux system administration experience required with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and efficiently under pressure in a production environment.
● Experience with multiple Linux distros.
● Hands on experience with scripting (BASH, Python, etc).
● Experience and knowledge of various cloud hosting platforms, configuration, and administration.
● Experience with TCP/IP networking, including troubleshooting.
● Knowledge of information security standards (FTI, HIPAA, CIS, etc.) is helpful.
● Install in-house, open source, and vendor based software.
● Familiarity with Linux/Unix including:
○ Experience with Apache, JBOSS/Firefly, Tomcat, MySQL, PHP installation and configurations.
○ File System management (LVM, Quota’s, etc.) including NFS, and CIFS.
○ Knowledge of Linux kernel configuration.
● Knowledge of load balancing technologies.
● Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies.
● Excellent project planning skills, highly organized, and the ability to complete high level projects with little supervision and on time and under budget.
The Department of Technology Services is seeking a talented and motivated individual with Linux/Unix administration experience. This position is assigned to assist with the migration of the Department of Human Services, Office of Recovery Services Information System (ORSIS) from mainframe to open system environments hosted by Amazon Web Services. This position requires a high level of expertise and broad experience in system administration and hosting. You will work under the direction of management and become a key team player in the Hosting group for this project. While this is a primarily Linux/UNIX Server administration position, you are expected to be familiar with Amazon Web Services. There will be times when you will be required to work extended hours and weekends to support the project needs.
Come work in a fast-paced ever changing hosting environment. You will be working with a team of 8 system administrators.
Example of Duties:
● Plan, organize and prioritize time and workload in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines with a diverse set of user needs.
● Communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing.
● Maintain and manage all aspects of Linux server maintenance from operating system installation and middleware configuration to patch updates on a timely basis.
● Research and recommend innovative ways to automate system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
● Participate in and provide feedback and recommendations in developing standards and guidelines for server environments.
● Provide instructions and guidance on best practices to members of your team.
● Produce business cases and return on investment justification for projects and purchases.
● Monitor production environment, tuning application servers to optimize performance, providing infrastructure operations support and analysis to resolve production issues related to application servers and associated software products. Perform utilization and capacity analysis as needed. Execute benchmarking to test and evaluate how current systems perform.
● Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
● Work requires physical exertion. May require the ability to stand; walk over rough surfaces; bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach, lift moderately heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) in a recurring manner and/or for long periods of time.
The Department of Technology Services is seeking a talented and motivated individual with Linux/Unix administration experience. This position is assigned to assist with the migration of the Department of Human Services, Office of Recovery Services Information System (ORSIS) from mainframe to open system environments hosted by Amazon Web Services.