JBoss BRMS Developer with Java, Oracle, RedHat JBoss Developer Studio, Rules deployment and RESTEasy webservice experience
Location: Austin TX
Duration: 10 months
In the role of TSDS JBOSS Enterprise Business Rules Management System BRMS Developer, you will be responsible for the development of business rules in JBOSS within the assigned components for the Texas Student Data System (TSDS) in an agile software development environment. This developer will report to the TSDS Development leads as well as the Development Manager. The work involves responsibility for technical aspects of developing and maintaining components of the TSDS system by following a defined software development life cycle process and the TEA ITS SCM process. Experience as a senior developer designing and implementing secure, complex, multi-tiered, integrated web-based application solution using the SDLC (software development life cycle)process, including gathering requirements, performing design, constructing the software, performing testing and deploying applications to production.
• Experience in designing, building, testing and managing Red Hat JBoss Enterprise BRMS or JBOSS DROOLS
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
5 Complex Rule development on Red Hat JBoss Enterprise BRMS or JBOSS DROOLS
5 Design, Build, Test and Deployment activities for BRMS Rules
5 Management and maintenance of large rule sets in RedHat BRMS or DROOLS
5 Red Hat JBoss Developer studio or equivalent
5 Deployment of rules as a Decision Service as well as embedded mode
3 Client program Integration with Red Hat JBoss rules using RESTEasy webservice or similar
Degree or Equivalent Bachelors or Associate degree in IT discipline. 10+ years in software development desired. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
2 Oracle Stored Procedures
3 Java Enterprise (J2EE) and Apache web-based applications and/or batch processes
This position is responsible for software development work on the TSDS (Texas Student Data System) components and applications. The developer will work closely with staff to learn the new infrastructure, architecture, components and application in order to perform required technical tasks to enhance, maintain and support the new TSDS system and deploy the applications and components to production. Utilize application development skills using JBOSS in Windows/Oracle database environment. The developer must prioritize their daily tasks to ensure all tasks are completed accurately and timely.
• Responsible for performing many phases of the software development lifecycle including technical research, requirements analysis, high level and technical design, implementation of enhancements to the TSDS project, unit testing and deployment using Oracle Stored Procedures, Crystal Report in Window/Oracle Database environment.
• Work involves planning and analyzing user requirements and workflow to automate processing and to improve existing systems.
• Work requires communication directly with the technical team, users, project managers and other team members (business analyst, tester, SCM staff and technical writer, etc.).
• Perform other related work as assigned. Work under minimum supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Creativity and strong attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines as necessary
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
• Desire to learn new skills and