Job ID: NC-607989 (96891016)
Java Web Developer with security/authentication, open-source, tomcat and database design/development experience
Location: Raleigh, NC (NCDOJ)
Duration: 6+ months
Interview: In Person Only
Strong knowledge in Web development Required 5 Years
Strong knowledge of Java programming language, web security and login authentication Required 5 Years
Ability to interpret and modify developed Java code to meet clients requirements Required 5 Years
Strong knowledge of software architecture, open-source technologies and application servers Required 5 Years
Strong knowledge of Tomcat Required 5 Years
Goos communication skills Highly desired 5 Years
Database design principles need to be well understood, along with the ability to work with complex database designs. Required 5 Years
Ability to estimate development effort and meet deadlines and project schedules. Required 5 Years
Excellent debugging, problem solving and testing skills Required 5 Years
This position is requested to satisfy the skill set deficient in Java, Spring MVC/ Apache Tomcat Application Server, and in a WINDOWS OS. This skill set is required to modify, configure, and deploy the Sexual Assault Kit Tracking Application.
Expected Skills: Able to work without assistance developing as a Web developer using Java 1.8; can install and setup Apache Tomcat application on Windows Server. Ability to modify and deploy a web application. Able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience. Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills in fluent English.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Development and enhancement of applications based on established design specifications
2. Analysis, design, coding, component/assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team
3. Implementing configuration changes to software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements
4. Participate in gather requirements for new components of the application
5. Strong knowledge of Java 1.8, Apache Tomcat, Maven build, and SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2016. Knowledge of application software, data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, design, programming, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversions, maintenance (including production support)
6. Unit testing applications and developing system and user documentation
7. Most have vehicle transportation for occasional travel to customer site.