Job ID: VA-646813 (98490303)6P
Java Mobile Developer with SQL, Unix/Linux/Windows, migration and data mapping experience
Location: Richmond , VA (DPOR) (local candidates strongly preferred )
Duration: 4 Months
Interview: Webcam Interview Only
Work may be remote initially, but will be required to work on site once offices safely reopen. No exceptions.
Extensive experience in application programming and development Required 10 Years
Lead development exp in the J2EE and JAVA technology required Required 8 Years
Extensive experience with multiple browser platforms and support, including mobile browser support Required 8 Years
Degree or certification in Information Systems or Computer Science (or a related field of study) or equivalent experience Highly desired 8 Years
Significant skill and experience with embedded and interactive SQL data manipulation language Highly desired 8 Years
Experience with Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems Highly desired 8 Years
Recent exp with Migrations and Data Mapping? Tech details MUST be reflected on resume. Required 5 Years
Qualified Richmond area candidates ONLY and here is the reason:
– The candidate must be able to pick up equipment IN PERSON (no exceptions). Equipment will not be shipped. COV ID credentials require initial log in from the agency’s RVA location.
– Interviews will be conducted via web /phone. Work may be remote initially, but will be required to work on site 5 days a week once offices safely reopen. No exceptions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
IDEAL Candidate will have Sr level /Lead exp as a Java dev with Unix platforms, Migrations and Data Mapping.
This position will serve as the primary DPOR licensing system programmer analyst during the lead developer’s extended absence from the Department. The individual will be responsible for monitoring system performance & troubleshooting/correcting problems.
• Evaluates, analyzes, and modifies complex application programs.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains applications. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with applications.
• Detects, diagnoses, and reports related problems.
• Participates in the development of application system components by providing guidance and direction to staff as needed and where appropriate through developing procedures, policy, application code, libraries, etc.
• Works with staff to plan, create and develop appropriate data models required to support the critical business applications.
• The candidate will utilize a full range of data processing and systems life cycle techniques.
• Provides input to application systems planning, development and design for agency information systems.
• Conducts and documents business system needs assessment with management and other staff for agency-wide systems.
• Develops and presents proposals, plans, and schedules for the replacement and migration of data and processing software and hardware.