Job ID: PA-605746 (99090908)
Java Mobile Developer with SOAP, REST/JSON, RSA, RTC, WAS, IIB, WMB, Azure, SSO/SAML/LDAP/Active Directory/OAuth, MDM and VPN experience
Location: Harrisburg PA (PennDOT)
Duration: 12 months
***This requisition may feature an initial technical phone screen with the manager and if that goes well, then an onsite in-person interview will follow.***
***Client would prefer candidates local to the Harrisburg, PA Area.***
***This requisition’s PO is funded through 9/30/20, so use that date in the RTR.***
***Do not re-submit candidates from previously released req #s 493102, 495173, 496863, 498893 and 592959.***
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
Education from an accredited institution. (Desired 6 years) Required 4 Years
IT Developer experience Required 10 Years
Experience with J2EE applications development Required 7 Years
Experience with relational database development using SQL Required 7 Years
Experience in web services design & development (SOAP/XML and REST/JSON) for enterprise Required 5 Years
Experience with IBM Rational Products (RSA, RTC, WAS) Required 5 Years
Experience with IBM Integrated Bus (IIB) and WebSphere Message Broker (WMB) Desired
Experience with Azure Cloud Services Desired
Experience with Single Sign On, SAML, LDAP, AD integration, OAuth Desired
Experience working with mobile infrastructure teams for MDM, VPN and Security development Desired
Experience developing web services, especially secured web services and web services with attachments Desired
PennDOT seeks a senior-level resource in design and development of backend systems for mobile applications. Primary duties will revolve around Java web services and database work. Experience with IBM IIB/Message Broker and/or Microsoft Azure Cloud Services are desired due to recent mobile application architectures leveraging them.
• Lead in design and development of backend systems for Mobile Applications.
• Demonstrate expertise in wide range of backend systems and protocols, including IIB service development
• Propose comprehensive solutions based on business and technical requirements.
• Create ball park estimates.
• Participate in architecting, designing and developing user interface, service tier and data tier components for enterprise Mobile Applications.
• Develop and document standards, architecture, repeatable processes, and reusable components.
• Participate in project planning, including development of timelines, propose composition of technical teams, and leveling of resources.
• Mentor team members on Department processes and standards to promote consistency and improve productivity.
• Design and create database schemas in DB2 and Oracle RDBMSs.
• Perform server-side code reviews to ensure best practices.
• Attend meetings, including daily standup meetings, on a daily basis.
• Support product deployment and product validations on or off business hours
Education in accredited institutions – Required 4 years (Desired 6 years)
IT Developer experience – Required 10 years
Experience with J2EE applications development – Required 7 years
Experience in web services design & development (SOAP/XML and REST/JSON) for enterprise – Required 5 years
Experience with relational database development using SQL – Required 7 years
Experience with IBM Rational Products (RSA, RTC, WAS) – Required 5 years
Experience with IBM Integrated Bus and WebSphere Message Broker – Desired
Experience with Azure Cloud Services – Desired
Experience with Single Sign On, SAML, LDAP, AD integration, OAuth – Desired
Experience working with mobile infrastructure teams for MDM, VPN and Security development – Desired
Experience developing web services, especially secured web services and web services with attachments – Desired