Job ID: IN-8868-1(913190816)
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 months
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Developer will work with MES stakeholders to design, develop and implement web-based applications, middleware, and robust, scalable data integration applications.
We are looking for candidates with significant, current experience in South Carolina Medicaid or other public benefit programs who are highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment and produce multiple quality deliverables with varying deadlines. Candidates should have an excellent understanding of development concepts and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, particularly Agile.
• Work alongside appropriate staff, teams, stakeholders and other points of contact (POCs) as required, to
understand the goals and objectives of complex information systems
• Develop robust, scalable data integrations
Design, develop and unit test Java applications and middleware
• Design and develop enterprise Java and J2EE applications including Servlets, EJB, JMS, JDBC, Java XML
• Current experience with South Carolina Medicaid, Social Services, or similar public benefit programs is
strongly desired and will be given the highest weight.
• Experience with multi-vendor environments is preferred.
• Excellent understanding of design patterns, object construction and application architecture strategies.
• Hands-on experience with the entire software development lifecycle (requirements, design,
implementation, integration, testing)
• The ideal candidate is able to work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in an
• Medicaid Management Information Systems (or other Health Information Technologies)
• Content collaboration/ project management software such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, etc.
• NOSQL database
• Knowledge of HIPAA X12 transactions (834, 837, 835, 820)
• Experience developing robust, scalable data integrations
• SOA integration using REST
• Experience in designing and developing enterprise Java and J2EE applications including Servlets, EJB, JMS,
JSON, JDBC and XML, API.
• Knowledge of multithreading/synchronization
• Experience with the use of Splunk
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand design patterns, object construction and application architecture strategies
• Develop applications using SOLID design principles
• Design, develop and unit testing web-based applications and middleware
• Develop SOAP and REST based services
• Performance Tuning of REST and SOAP Services
• Develop services using File, FTP, JMS etc.
• Develop error handling framework to handle different business and system exceptions
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. 2+ years Integration experience
2. 3+ years JAVA/ J2EE, Java Script
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Prior experience in working with the Atlassian Suite of products.
2. Prior Health Information Technology and/or Program experience
3. Prior experience with South Carolina Medicaid, Social Services, or similar public benefit programs
4. 1+ year experience on NOSQL database
5. Splunk experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Applied Math, or similar discipline required
Education Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Packaged Applications Atlassian product suite No 1 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages J2EE Yes 1 Expert Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages Java Yes 1 Expert Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Specialties Integration Yes 1 Expert Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years