Request ID: VA-571778 (98690806)
Java Developer with Apache Tomcat, STRUTS, Servlet, JSP, Hibernate, SQL Server and Visual Studio Experience
Location: 109 Governor Street, Richmond, VA 23219 (VDH)
Duration: 7 Months
Interview: In Person Only
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Apache Tomcat® software, STRUTS Required 5 Years
Servlet API 2.4, JSP API 2.0 Required 5 Years
Java 7, Web Applications Required 5 Years
Hibernate Required 5 Years
SQL Server 2014 or Higher Required 3 Years
SQL SERVER Data Tools for Visual Studio 2013 Required 3 Years
*local candidates strongly preferred
*ALL candidates MUST be able to attend a personal interview (NO phone interviews, NO Skype, NO exceptions), if requested.
VDH, The Division of Disease Prevention (DDP) is in need of an experienced Java Programmer/Application Developer to work collaboratively with the DDP Informatics team and software vendor to enhance the functionality of a Java EE application.
. Responsibilities of this position include:
• Must have experience reverse engineering complex custom built Java web applications without documentation.
• Assists with defining and meeting business requirements for enhanced functionality.
• Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents application enhancements in accordance with business requirements.
• Work closely with Team members to write test plans and test cases according to requirements.
• Test web applications thoroughly to ensure all features are running smoothly
• Develops and adheres to standard system development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies to produce project results that are measurable and delivered on time
• Excellent troubleshooting skills, ability to research and determine the root causes of the reported issues in application functionality
• Strong communication skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal), organization and time management skills
• Great attention to detail.