Job ID: MI-605289 (912190904)
Infrastructure PM/Program Manager (PMP/ITIL) with PMI/SEI/CMMI, IT Audit, Governance, PCI/IRS/COBIT, Clarity and MS Project experience
Location: Lansing MI (DTMB)
Duration: 12 months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Program/project management experience with IT Infrastructure related projects for setting up Cloud Environment ( Private/Public Cloud – IAAS, PAAS..) Required 5 Years
ITIL knowledge/Certification Required 5 Years
SOM SUITE or equivalent project management methodology based on PMI and/or SEI (CMMI) Required 7 Years
PMI PMP Certification Highly desired 7 Years
Strong leadership and communication Skills Required 5 Years
Project Management experience with IT Audits, Audit Monitoring, Governance and compliance (PCI, IRS, COBIT experience) Highly desired 5 Years
Strong skills in project and portfolio management tool like Clarity, MS project etc. Required 5 Years
Years of Experience:
Minimum 5 years of experience as a Program Manager
This position is for a senior experienced program manager to lead several projects/programs related to Cloud implementation. Along with this, Project Manager will manage other Information Technology (IT) programs/projects supporting DTMB – Chief Technology Officer (CTO) organization. Projects/programs are primarily complex enterprise initiatives related to I T Infrastructure and Security as prioritized by State. Program manager’s role and responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
• Provide program management supporting all projects under the program to ensure that the program is completed on time, within budget and within scope.
• Define program/project scope, duration, resources and cost, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives.
• Provide program/project management for project scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
• Follow the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE) Project Management Methodology (PMM) and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), based on Industry standard PMI framework and SEI’s CMMI framework.
• Utilize the State’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool (Clarity) on all programs/projects.
• Plans and coordinates work with teams. Designs and implements project plans. Generally work with other IT managers and IT technical teams. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Acts as a partner to other project managers performing Project Management Quality Assurance for their projects.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A significant degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
• Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
• Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.