Job ID: TX-5371ITC821 (914491111)
Informatica ETL/DW Architect/Data Engineer with PowerCenter, data pipelines, data mart, cloud, Snowflake/SnowPipe/SnowSQL, agile and healthcare/HHS experience
Location: Austin TX (HHSC)
Duration: 12 months
Years Required/Preferred Experience
8 Required Experience as a data engineer implementing data pipelines for a data mart or a data warehouse.
6 Required Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6 Required Effectively manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize conflicting assignments, and switch quickly between assignments, as required.
4 Required Experience in interfacing with tools such as Informatica PowerCenter and Informatica Data Quality jobs.
4 Required Design highly scalable ETL processes with complex data transformations, data formats including error handling and monitoring.
3 Required Experience in implementing data pipelines using cloud native services on any one of the major cloud platforms.
2 Required Hands-on experience implementing solutions using Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, and SnowPipe.
3 Preferred Prior experience in the Healthcare Industry
2 Preferred Experience working in an agile sprint team.
2 Preferred Prior experience with an HHS agency
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one (1) Cloud Data Engineer hereafter referred to as Worker, who meets the general qualification of Systems Analyst 3, Emerging Technologies, and the specifications outlined in this document for Health and Human Services Commission.
As the State of Texas rushes to address the many impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become critical to rely on the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to provide reliable, up to the minute data regarding the current state of infection in the state. As DSHS works to provide this critical data to inform decision makers, health care administrators and citizens, the agency is experiencing serious limitations in the ability to efficiently and reliably provide the data due to a legacy of disparate systems and data that currently resides in numerous locations and databases across the agency. Sharing this vital data across all of these systems is inherently difficult, time-consuming, and requires resource intensive manual and inefficient processes. These cumbersome manual processes have a severe impact on Texas’ ability to respond effectively to the COVID-19 pandemic and prevent the loss of life.
The Infectious Disease Data Integration (IDDI) project is intended to improve the efficiency of current processes. An integrated approach to data services will aid in providing the most current data to inform decision makers about the health and readiness statuses of jurisdictions across the state.
The Infectious Disease Data Integration project aims to create a data analytics platform plus data governance with Informatica Axon. The IDDI platform will facilitate the sharing, reporting, and analytics of the data collected from the COVID-19 contact tracing in the Texas Health Trace (THT) system, the COVID-19 case management data contained in the National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS), and COVID-19 immunization tracking in the ImmTrac system.
HHSC IT is currently implementing a Analytics Platform with Informatica PowerCenter, Snowflake and AWS technologies as well as Informatica Axon Data Governance with a goal to accomplish improved COVID-19 reportinog.
· Assist DSHS program area use of the IDDI Platform to its fullest potential
· Assist with analytics use with off the shelf reporting tools like SAS, SPSS, Tableau, ARCgis
· Assist with publishing as needed to Tableau and/or ARCgis servers or other web platforms
· Data modeling, data profiling, data quality, data validation, data curation and data transformation
· Resolve any data source ingestion issues
· Operationalize ingestion of new data sources as needed
· Other work includes, but is not limited to:
· Validation of performance metric requirements
· Creation of EPICS/User Stories
· Creation and validation of dashboard and report mock-ups
· Automation of data acquisition from a variety of data sources· Dashboard and report development
· Testing – integration, load and stress, and user
· Deployment / publication internally and externally
· Operations support and enhancement of the IDDI platform
· All other duties as assigned