Request ID:BL-10074-1 (912190930)
Work Location: CLEMSON, SC
Duration: 6 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
The IDMS DBA role has four major attributes: Database deployment and administration leadership, project management skills, people skills, and domain knowledge in enterprise class application development projects. Candidates must display excellence in all areas.
– Extensive knowledge of IDMS deployment and operations in a z/OS environment on a z-series IBM mainframe computer.
– Extensive knowledge of the IDMS SQL option. Be able to create and support IDMS databases that are deployed using the relational model with SQL syntax. Understand the implementation of SQL access to native IDMS databases.
– Knowledge and deployment of IDMS security, including security of ADS/O application structures, IDD and relational database objects.
– Understanding of application programming for the IDMS database, both native and SQL, using the COBOL and ADS/O programming languages.
– Be familiar with the IBM High Level Assembler on the z/OS operating system.
– Be familiar with IDMS Perfmon online monitoring and report generation.
– Understanding of IT development and implementation projects.
– Project planning experience, including effort estimation on technical tasks and resource allocation.
– Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to give presentations to project management.
– Impeccable integrity. This project will have very high visibility and will impact significant expenditures of public funds. Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
– Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
– Hands-on experience with managing IDMS performance and availability 24×7.
– Experience with configuring monitoring and alerting for IDMS databases.
– RACF security knowledge.
– Hands-on experience with IDMS upgrades and patching.
– Knowledge of application change management.
– Healthcare industry experience and/or experience managing PHI/PII data
– MS SQL Server knowledge and support experience is a plus, but not required.
– MongoDB knowledge and support experience is a plus, but not required.
– Vendor management experience.
– Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience
– Medicaid operations experience.
– Public sector experience is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or related field. Masters degree is desirable
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Development Tools IDMS – NETWORK Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Education Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field Yes 1
Education Master’s Degree No 1
Operating Systems/APIs z/OS Yes 3 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Program Management Project planning experience, including effort estimation on technical tasks and resource allocation Yes 2 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages Cobol (Any) Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 6 + Years
Programming Languages SQL Databases Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Specialties IBM Yes 2 Advanced Within 6 Months 6 + Years
Specialties Understanding of IT development and implementation projects Yes 2 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
Various existing solutions plus new development in support of the State of South Carolina’s Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS).
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The IDMS DBA is responsible for working closely with application development teams, Clemson z/OS system support staff and the Clemson Database Administrators to provide IDMS DBA support for application and infrastructure databases.
– Hands-on IDMS monitoring and application support in ways that are consistent with IDMS best practices.
– Collaboration with Clemson’s database administration team to maintain test, staging, production databases and the development of operations procedures for database management.
– Enable and tune IDMS features to optimize the performance of databases in the context of the mainframe environment. Generate and analyze performance data, recommend courses of action and implement best solutions to achieve optimum performance.
– Coordinating with outside entities, including vendors for other systems/services, providers, professional associations, and other State agencies.
– Advising development and product teams on best approaches for required data model extensions and/or changes.
– Participate in a 24×7 on-call support rotation.
– Other duties as assigned.
Clemson is seeking an IDMS professional with the knowledge and experience along with comparable communication and interpersonal skills to enable success on this high-visibility project.
Remote Work Availability: 75%