Job id : PA-563637 (95990707)
Cobol Developer with DB/DC, ISPF/TSO, JCL and DB2 Experience
Location: Harrisburg, PA (DHS)
Duration: 3 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
**This requisition requires in-person first round interviews only.**
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Systems Analysis and Design Required 10 Years
IBM Mainframe COBOL Required 10 Years
IBM IMS DB/DC Required 10 Years
IBM ISPF/TSO Required 10 Years
IBM JCL Required 10 Years
Good Written/Verbal Communications Required 10 Years
IBM DB2 Required 5 Years
We would like this to be recent experience if at all possible. Required
The Programmer is responsible for analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing of all application code. Programmers typically are involved in maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work. Programmers have a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies. The Programmer works with the Functional Architect and Technical Architecture Specialist on an as needed basis to ensure that design and code meets customer requirements.
• Proven track record leading technical design and code work within complex enterprise systems.
• Proven hands-on technical design and development expertise working with emerging technologies in diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies.
• Serves as a mentor to team members by sharing industry best standards and practices.
• Proven ability to lead complex technical discussions with business and non-technical users.
• Proven track record of hands-on technical design and code work within large complex systems.
• Proven hands-on technical work with a variety of technologies.
• Demonstrated technical expertise integrating a variety of diverse technical environments and cross-platform technologies.
• Proven experience mentoring and performing supervisory functions for technical teams.
• Able to make best practice recommendations based on past work.
• Proven ability to present complex technical constructs to business and non-technical users.
• Proven ability to collaborate with business users, project managers and technical architects.
• Converts scientific, engineering, and other technical problem formulations to formats that can be processed by computer.
• Resolves symbolic formulations, prepares flowcharts and block diagrams, and encodes resultant equations for processing by applying extensive knowledge of branch of science, engineering, or advanced mathematics, such as differential equations or numerical analysis, and understanding of capabilities and limitations of computer.
• This is a professional level non-supervisory position which may require coordination of programming activities being conducted by the team
• Confers with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, inaccuracy, or feasibility of computer processing.
• Works with necessary personnel to determine if modifications are necessary with interested personnel to determine necessity for modifications or enhancements.
• Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as directed by business and technical stakeholders.
• May coordinate activities of computer programmers.
• Plans all required process steps.
• Reviews and understands the Application Team’s work plan.
• Provides status of work to Team Lead.
• Anticipates, identifies, tracks, and resolves issues and risks affecting own work and work of the Application Team.
• Develops contingency plans as necessary.
• Engages in ongoing process improvement.
• Detailed functional and process knowledge.
• Utilizes deep modeling, design and coding skills.
• Provides expertise in one or more database environments.
• Analyzes and designs enhancements, development programs, and/or required fixes to production problems.
• Designs applications to functional and technical programming standards.
• Works with Functional Architects to gather and interprets user requirements into design specifications.
• Develops system specifications and interfaces.
• Determines time estimates and schedule for work.
• Moderates functional and process knowledge.
• Assists in managing and directing Application Team processes.
• Coordinates work with other software developers on Application Teams.
• Assists Team Lead or Test Team Lead in monitoring estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks.
• Develops application designs in support of the systems specifications and interfaces, perhaps in conjunction with application or technical architects.
• Operating System expertise sufficient to perform performance and tuning diagnostics.
• Works with users to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
• Execution of all responsibilities with little direct supervision of Team Lead.
• Generally aware of new developments in industry and process and has ability to apply them to work as appropriate.
• Anticipates and resolves issues specific to the team.
• Determines time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Identifies and tracks issues, risks and action items.
• Codes enhancement and development programs and/or required fixes to production problems using the functional and technical programming standards.
• Tests enhancement and development programs.
• Participates in structured code reviews / walkthroughs.
• Executes all required process steps.
• Creates and provide content for operational documentation to Technical Writers.
• Utilizes configuration management tools, design tools, debugging tools, and any other environment specific tools necessary to create, test, and implement an application.
• Researches problems before approaching the Team Lead or Functional Architect for assistance.
• Limited functional knowledge.
• Follows quality standards.
• Supports installation of application releases into production as directed.
• Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Complete assigned tasks.
• Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.