Job Id: NC-581802 (93991210)
Helpdesk Analyst with HEAT, Avaya, Windows, Office/O365, Active Directory and documentation experience
Location: 1020 Birch Ridge Dr, Raleigh, NC (NCDOT)
Duration: 12 Months
Agency Interview Type: In Person Only
Required / Desired Skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills Highly desired 5 Years
Experience with HEAT Call Tracking or similar tool, Avaya or similar call distribution tool, Microsoft Windowns, Office 2010/2013/2016, O365. Highly desired 5 Years
Experience and thorough knowledge in Active Directory administration, such as, creation/modification of accounts Highly desired 5 Years
Ability to manage tasks and meet schedules; ability to write technical documentation that is easily understood by staff and customers. Required 5 Years
Excellent Customer service and teamwork. Required 5 Years
Ability to independently resolve routine and some non-routine problems. Ability to solve problems and perform diagnostics on software and/or hardware Required 5 Years
Ability to identify and understand reoccurring problems and recommends solutions. Required 5 Years
Ability to follow complex and/or detailed technical procedures. Required 5 Years
The purpose of this position is to function as a Helpdesk Analyst providing consultation, support, and/or training to clients of computer or other information technology based system.
The purpose of this position is to function as a Helpdesk Analyst providing consultation, support, and/or training to clients of computer or other information technology based system. May provide routine and non-routine support for a broad range of information related technologies, or may provide in-depth support for a narrowly defined area of technology.
• Performs account administration (create/modify Active Directory accounts, Exchange accounts, NCID accounts and other user accounts).
• Analyzes information provided by HR personnel and Client Services technicians in order to create and/or modify accounts for new employees and/or existing NCDOT employees.
• Is able to use the information provided to assess data and application access.
Is able to troubleshoot data and application access issues and adjust Active Directory properties as needed
• Distributes Agency-wide email communications and notices related to technology issues
• Maintains mainframe printer node configurations
• Serves as project team member and makes recommendations for routine problem solutions
• Work on special projects which require planning of how, when and who the task will be preformed
• Refers highly complex or difficult technical problems to a higher-level Technology Support Specialist or other technical resource for that particular technology questions
• Provides basic support of hardware, software, applications, NCDOT internal and external users
• Serves as a technical resource on all of NCDOT’s standard desktop applications to 10,000+ computer users
• Instructs users via phone and/or email on the basic functionality of desktop applications
• Follows detailed procedures while making recommendations for routine problem solutions
• Enters information into call tracking system and monitors to ensure customer service needs are met for all computer and network related issues
• Communicates effectively in oral and written formats
• Promotes a positive customer relationship while working with other Helpdesk staff and high level Analyst and Specialists
• Schedules and Facilitates daily operations status calls
• Initiates Major Incident Process (MIP) communications and conference bridges
• Maintains Major Incident Logs
• Maintains employee directory