Job Id: IN-8400-1 (97991018)
Healthcare QA Test Design Engineer with Equivalence Class Partitioning/Pairwise Analysis, PICT/orthogonal tools, Medicaid, JIRA, Confluence and agile/waterfall experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 Months
Remote Work Availability: 25%
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
THE ABILITY TO:
• 5 years translating business requirements or policy documentation into test cases and scenarios
• 5 years building test cases and scenarios into test systems
• Document and support development of test scenarios/cases and the execution of testing activities
• Should be able to communicate and publish status reports of all open issues and gaps found during test phase and articulate the details to the Development teams
• Direct hands on experience with formal test design techniques like Equivalence Class Partitioning and Pairwise Analysis
• Experience with test design tools like PICT or equivalent orthogonal based tools
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 5+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience.
• Deep knowledge of healthcare operations (preferably Medicaid), business processes
• Proficient in Atlassian tool suite including JIRA and Confluence
• Prior experience working in a standard SDLC (waterfall methodology) & in an AGILE delivery.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or related field. Years of experience can substitute for formal education.
None required. Technical and/or Project Management certifications from recognized sources are desirable.
Category Name Required Importance Level Last Used Experience
Education BA Degree- Technical, Business, or Healthcare field No 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous Ability to analyze and document, business and system processes using various methods and tools. Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Program Management deployment methodology concepts including design, build, testing, and deployment Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Building test cases and scenarios into test systems Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Translating business requirements or policy documentation into test cases and scenarios Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
Responsible for performing tests on technical solutions to isolate and solve issues. Initiates tests, analyzes results, and finds solutions to technical problems.
• Develop test plans, QA and/or User Acceptance Testing processes and test cases for product management and software development teams.
• Design and support user interface testing application and regression testing software.
• Test software applications for reliability and stability.
• Implement testing programs to perform quality assurance on technical applications including negative testing and usability.
• Lead projects to perform quality assessments that expose security flaws, reveal defects and identify areas of optimization.
• Design and/or run automated testing scripts with oversight for deployment of tests
• Create quality assurance documentation and reports as required
• Adhere to established software testing governance policies, best practices and guidelines and recommend improvements
• Maintain database with product defects, user reviews, survey information and functional improvements.
• Coordinate with product development teams and software engineers to recommend solutions to maximize performance and efficiency
• Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections and adhere to established governance standards.