Job ID: 537PM1052018 (910590524)
Healthcare PM with public health, MS Project/Visio, HIV systems, EIR, accessibility, ARIES/Health Resources and Services Administration experience
Location: Austin TX (HHSC)
Duration: 15 months
5 At least 5 years of experience in project management or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of public health. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
5 Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines.
5 Experience successfully leading meetings and facilitating discussions.
5 Exceptional skills Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio, with exceptional skills in Word, Project, and Visio.
2 Knowledge of information systems for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, acquired immunodeficiency syndrome
Strong Proven ability to work successfully with technical and non-technical groups, and manage multiple responsibilities.
Strong Excellent analytical, problem-solving, team playing and communication skills.
Strong Oral and written communication skills.
Strong Software Development Life Cycle, Texas Project Delivery Framework
1 Understands Electronic Information Resources (EIR) accessibility and security requirements and their technical specifications. Ensures the EIR accessibility and security is integrated into the project lifecycle at the appropriate points (planning, design, development, test, etc.) and ensures that resources are included to implement EIR accessibility within the project.
1 Experience managing projects using ARIES functionality or other commercial applications that meet Health Resources and Services Administration requirements
1 Experience with public health information systems and software applications.
Evaluation System (ARIES) (HRAR) Implementation Project. Project begins June 1, 2018. The effort supports clients with HIV/AIDS.
The ARIES system is currently undergoing a series of upgrades to provide a stable reporting system for medical providers of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)/AIDS data until the system can be replaced by the HRAR Implementation Project.
The HRAR Implementation Project will combine and augment the existing functionality of ARIES, HIV2000, and the Access Database that is being used in lieu of the legacy Real-time Education and Counseling Network.
Project Manager will plan and manage this Major Information Resources Project.
• Owns responsibility for project’s actions and communications to Project Sponsors and IT governance committee(s) for accomplishment of project’s objectives.
• Completes project and its deliverables within the defined constraints of time, cost and quality.
• Ensures project operates within the Texas Department of Information Resources Texas Project Delivery Framework.
• Applies project management principles to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and closeout report.
• Develops and maintains Project Plan and other project documentation as appropriate.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for project communications and status reporting.
• Reports project progress to executives and recommends corrective action when necessary.
• Coordinates appropriate participants’ involvement in project activities.
• Ensures resources are available for project assignments to facilitate timely completion of project tasks.
• Leads Integrated Project Team and Change Control Board meetings and activities.
• May serve as a member of the Steering Committee.
• Ensures identification and documentation of risks and issues. Develops strategies to mitigate.
• Ensures Disaster Recovery requirements are captured, documented, and implemented as part of solution delivery.
• Liaisons with Vendor(s) for planning, execution, control, and closure.
• Coordinates with the IT Operations management for network and desktop resources.
• Identifies potential risks, opportunities, and issues that may have an impact on the project.
• Develops and maintains project documentation.
• Reports, stores and archives project artifacts in Project Management & Repository System (PMRS).
• Other duties as assigned as required to complete the project.