Job ID: PA-605514 (975909)
Healthcare PM with PMP certification
Location: Harrisburg PA (DHS)
Duration: 9 months
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
Experience with formal project management methodology Required 10 Years
4 year college degree or equivalent technical study Highly desired
Project Management Certifications (identified on Resume) Highly desired
Prior Commonwealth of PA Project Management Experience Highly desired 2 Years
Prior PA Department of Human Services Experience Highly desired 2 Years
The Secretary of Public Welfare has outlined a strategic plan to assure the effective operation of the Department. The strategic plan includes major initiatives that require coordination throughout the different program offices and administrative units. The Office of Performance Management is charged with facilitating the implementation of the key Department initiatives and requires contract support to assure the timely and efficient implementation. This support will require individuals to have key understanding of project management and assisting with the implementation of key activities for specific projects. This resource will provide support to the Department’s efforts to implement the consolidation of the DHS phone lines, Community Health Choices and other projects as identified by the Secretary.
OBJECTIVES OF ENGAGEMENT
The objective of this engagement is to provide support for several key initiatives within the Department of Public Welfare. The selected contractor must be familiar with a variety of the project management methodologies and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. They will have proven experience in leading projects to successful implementation. They consult with the client to define needs or problems, conduct research, perform studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyze problems to advise on or recommend solutions, utilizing knowledge of theory, principles, or technology of specific discipline or field of specialization. The contractor will help define needs or problems, conduct research and recommend solutions to the identified problems.
In completing this work, the contractor will:
• Manage, coordinate, and establish priorities for complete life-cycle of various large, complex projects,
• Design project plans which identify needs and define major tasks and milestones, based on scope, resources, budget, and personnel;
• Develop project plan including project management plan, scope statements, work performance measurements, activity and milestone lists, project schedule, cost performance baselines, quality management plan, quality baseline, human resource plans, team performance assessments and communication management plan for project,
• Manage and track project status against project plan(s)
• Anticipate issues and proactively address them. Resolve conflicts with sensitivity and tact.
• Conduct research relate to the business needs and recommend potential solutions to any identified issues
• Providing regular status reports on team progress.