Job ID: TX-5290000ITC650 (912590219)
Healthcare PM (PMP) with MS Project/EVM/CP/Burn Down/variance, Visio, EIR security and RFP drafting experience
Location: Austin TX (DHHS)
Duration: 12 months
7 Experience in project management or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of public health. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
5 Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines.
5 Experience successfully leading meetings and facilitating discussions.
5 Exceptional skills Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio, with exceptional skills in Word, Project, and Visio.
5 Expert skills using MS Project and tracking, and managing projects using EVM, schedule variance, cost variance, critical path, and burn down,
Strong Proven ability to work successfully with technical and non-technical groups, and manage multiple responsibilities.
Strong Excellent analytical, problem-solving, team playing and communication skills.
Strong Oral and written communication skills.
1 or more Understands Electronic Information Resources (EIR) accessibility and security requirements and their technical specifications. Ensures the EIR accessibility and security is integrated into the project lifecycle at the appropriate points (planning, design, development, test, etc.) and ensures that resources are included to implement EIR accessibility within the project.
The NEDSS Assessment Project will include the review and documentation of the National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS) Ecosystem to diagram the Rhapsody and PHINMS transmission of Electronic Laboratory Results messages received and routed throughout the system.
Project Manager will plan and manage this Project.
• Manages tasks and resources for the assessment project of NEDSS
• Completes a project plan with approvals from IT and program leadership teams
• Creates iterative planning and delivery cycles and work flow of tasks
• Produces high-quality project documents
• Participates in meetings with contracted BA and stakeholders
• Communicates with IT and program leadership teams efficiently and effectively
• Ensures the scope and direction of project on schedule
• Provides weekly status reports
• Provides a draft Request for Proposal (RFP) to transition NEDSS to a vendor solution
• Develops and maintains Project Plan and other project documentation as appropriate.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for project communications and status reporting.
• Ensures identification and documentation of risks and issues. Develops strategies to mitigate.
• Identifies potential risks, opportunities, and issues that may have an impact on the project.
• Develops and maintains project documentation.
• Reports, stores and archives project artifacts in Project Management & Repository System (PMRS).
• Manages project in accordance to Project Management Best practices as outlined in the PMBOK
• Creates necessary project management tracking tools such as burn-down, dashboards, spend plans, deliverables tracking, requirements traceability matrices, budget trackers; and any other needed project tracking logs and/or tools.
• Creates, maintains, and manages project schedule using MS Project plan or similar Project Schedule or PPM tool as defined by HHSC IT.
• Other duties as assigned as required to complete the project.