Job ID: FL-139032 (912590905)
Healthcare PM/Director (PMP) with Medicaid and QA experience
Location: Tallahassee FL (Agency for Health Care Administration/Division of Medicaid)
Duration: 12 months
1) Serves as the leader of the FX initiative, under the direction of his/her direct supervisor and the FX Governance structure. Interfaces with business units, Enterprise Project Management Office, and Strategic Enterprise Advisory Services vendor for the purpose of FX strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. Serves as the business relationship linkage for the FX project between the business units and the executive level. Proactively serves as the primary point of contact for business line executives, managers, and key contacts.
2) Communicates decisions, priorities, and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding FX. Continually translates FX leadership vision in daily interactions with and instructions to staff, vendors, and other State agencies.
3) Proactively shares knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units. Provides support in delivering technology products and services to ensure business satisfaction. Focuses on strategic initiatives and plans that are proactive, anticipatory and driving in nature and provides significant value to business units and FX Governance.
4) Facilitates the planning and execution of business changes through the use of technology. Serves a lead role in enabling the business to achieve objectives through the effective use of technology. Works with business units and executives to execute the FX strategy and vision across the Agency’s business units and, as applicable, other State agencies. Must have strong understanding of each business unit and FX leadership expectations to include their business drivers for success, process and approaches to business models.
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field OR equivalent work experience.
1) Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments;
2) At least five (5) years of experience with managing team(s) responsible for strategic planning, business development or client management and working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business units;
3) Must possess strong business acumen and excellent interpersonal skills;
4) Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of Florida health care-related systems and applications; and,
5) Project Management Institute (PMI), Project Management Professional (PMP) certified, required.
1) Successfully manage the relationship with the customer and all stakeholders;
2) Report and escalate to management as needed;
3) Ensure that the FX project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
4) Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the FX project;
5) Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors the progress of project;
6) Monitor changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques;
7) Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques;
8) Perform risk management to minimize project risks;
9) Prepares reports regarding status of project for both internal and external review;
10) Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors;
11) Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
12) Create and maintain legislative budget requests and supporting documents;
13) Provide project content expertise, which may include delivering presentations about the FX project and communicating the project’s purpose, value and importance;
14) Oversees complete project lifecycle;
15) Assist the business in the production of business cases that quantify potential business benefits; and,
16) Coordinate and manage the creation and maintenance of procurement documents (e.g., Invitations to Negotiate).
e. Job Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
The Director shall have the following required KSAs:
1) Proven experience leading large, multi-year, high priority, high profile transformational projects;
2) Proven working experience in project management in the information technology sector;
3) Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills;
4) Ability to receive and give constructive criticism and maintain effective work relationships with others;
5) Ability to be open, collaborative, and support of Agency values;
6) Ability to interact and collaborate directly with customers, technical staff, project staff, contracted vendors, and management;
7) Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
8) Skill in interpreting and communicating technical information both verbally and in writing;
9) Experience in running successful work sessions and meetings;
10) Skilled as a facilitator;
11) Ability to develop and give presentations;
12) Proven excellence in project management;
13) Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize work assignments;
14) Proven ability to complete projects on time and within budget;
15) Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience;
16) Ability to apply creative thinking and innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems;
17) Ability to develop and manage technical documentation in accordance with Agency standards; and,
18) Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
f. General Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
1) Communication: Able clearly and concisely convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (e.g., project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Able to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
2) Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (e.g., Agency staff, vendors, and executives; the public; other State agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer and provide appropriately targeted information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
3) Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
4) Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Able to receive and give constructive criticism and maintain effective work relationships with others.
5) Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
6) Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
7) Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions and make recommendations accordingly.
8) Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal. Builds relationships and trust between Agency staff and business units, vendors, and other State agencies to advance FX project goals.
9) Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. Able to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.