Job Id: IN-8401-1 (913891014)
Healthcare .Net Architect with C#, SQL Server, State Level Repositories (SLR), agile and healthcare/MMIS/Medicaid operations/academic experience
Location: Lexington, KY
Duration: 12 Months
remote work: 25%
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
The Software Engineer role has two major functions: design and development/implementation.
• Proven experience developing enterprise class Web applications in Microsoft’s .NET environment (Visual Studio including C# and SQL Server experience)
• Demonstrated experience designing Web applications
• Demonstrated experience coding Web applications
• Experience working on State Level Repositories (SLR)
• Keen ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement that may be supported through application.
• Ability to assess current solution, solutions available through other State’s efforts and develop the most cost effective and efficient plan
• Understanding of modern/agile IT development lifecycle processes including development and testing.
• Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to effectively interact with both managers/senior leadership and software developers/system administrators.
• Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Knowledge of healthcare and related insurance principles and processes.
• Medicaid eligibility system/business operations experience.
• Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience
• Medicaid operations experience.
• Public sector and/or academic environment experience.
Category Name Required Importance Level Last Used Experience
Administrative Interpersonal Skills Yes 6 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Administrative Problem Solving Skills Yes 5 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 4 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 4 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Database Platforms MS SQL Yes 2 Intermediate Within 1 Year 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages .Net Yes 1 Intermediate Within 1 Year 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages C# Yes 2 Intermediate Within 1 Year 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages Visual Studio Yes 2 Intermediate Within 1 Year 2 – 4 Years
Specialties State Level Repositories (SLR) Yes 3 Intermediate Within 1 Year 2 – 4 Years
Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or field. Master’s degree preferred.
None required. Microsoft .NET/SQL Server and/or related Microsoft Technology Certification preferred.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Software Engineer is responsible for assessing, designing, developing and implementing the State’s SLR for Meaningful Use Stage 3 and Modifications to MU 2018, as well as any other statutory changes relative to the program. The Software Engineer will work as part of a small development team under the direction of Clemson’s technical project manager for new technology development.