Job ID: TX-5370ITC503 (912591219)
Healthcare/EMR PM with KPI, EV, SPI/CPI, CPA/CPM, WBS, MS Project/Visio, EIR accessibility/security and health registries system experience
Location: Austin TX (HHSC)
Duration: 36 months (3 years)
5 Experience in project management or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of public health. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
5 Experience managing projects using key performance indicators, earned value management, schedule performance index, cost performance index, critical path analysis, and development of work breakdown structures.
5 Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines.
5 Experience successfully leading meetings and facilitating discussions.
5 Exceptional skills Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
3 Knowledge of information systems for Electronic Medical Records.
Strong Proven ability to work successfully with technical and non-technical groups and manage multiple responsibilities.
Strong Excellent analytical, problem-solving, team playing and communication skills.
Strong Oral and written communication skills.
Strong Software Development Life Cycle, Texas Project Delivery Framework
5 or more Experience reporting to executive management.
1 or more Understands Electronic Information Resources (EIR) accessibility and security requirements.
1 or more Experience managing projects using commercial applications serving as health registries
The purpose of the Pharmacy Branch-Inventory Tracking Electronic Asset Management System (ITEAMS) Replacement project is to replace the existing ITEAMS with an automated solution that is Food and Drug Administration (FDA) compliant and able to integrate with outside systems to trace and track the distribution of Department of State Health Services (DSHS) pharmaceuticals
Project Manager will plan and manage this Major Information Resources Project.
• Owns responsibility for project’s actions and communications to Project Sponsors and IT governance committee(s) for accomplishment of project’s objectives.
• Completes project and its deliverables within the defined constraints of time, cost and quality.
• Ensures project operates within the Texas Department of Information Resources Texas Project Delivery Framework.
• Applies project management principles to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and closeout report.
• Develops and maintains Project Plan and another project documentation as appropriate.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for project communications and status reporting.
• Reports project progress to executives and recommends corrective action when necessary.
• Coordinates appropriate participants’ involvement in project activities.
• Ensures resources are available for project assignments to facilitate timely completion of project tasks.
• Leads Integrated Project Team and Change Control Board meetings and activities.
• May serve as a member of the Steering Committee.
• Ensures identification and documentation of risks and issues. Develops strategies to mitigate.
• Ensures Disaster Recovery requirements are captured, documented, and implemented as part of solution delivery.
• Liaisons with Vendor(s) for planning, execution, control, and closure.
• Coordinates with the IT Operations management for network and desktop resources.
• Identifies potential risks, opportunities, and issues that may have an impact on the project.
• Develops and maintains project documentation.
• Reports, stores and archives project artifacts in Project Management & Repository System (PMRS).
• Other duties as assigned as required to complete the project.