Job ID: WA-1824-700 (99991026)
Govt QA Lead with SQA, User/Integration/System/User Acceptance Testing and change/project management experience
Location: 1115 Washington St SE, Olympia WA (Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)) and 9601 Steilacoom Blvd SW, Lakewood WA (DSHS Western State Hospital)
Duration: 1.5 – 7.5 years (19 – 91 months)
Positions: 1 (1/3)
References: 3 (in attached template)
Skill matrix: in attached format
The candidate must use a font size of twelve (12) or larger
(1) The Proposed Resource must have Five (5) years’ experience performing Software Quality Assurance (SQA) testing for complex projects which crossed multiple organizations and involved multiple applications.
(a) This experience must include at least three (3) successful technology projects where the project was completed on-time and on budget. Two (2) of these projects must have been for Government Agencies with large complex enterprise system implementations with more than 1000 users.
(2) Each Specified Personnel identified for the project must have five (5) years SQA experience that includes test plan authoring based on industry standards, collaboration with Business Analysts and IT staff to conduct and complete requirements review, test design and execution, managing SQA and test deliverables including status and issue reporting, and clear knowledge of all phase of test execution including Unit, Integration, System, and User Acceptance Test.
(4) The Proposed Resource must have experience managing information systems projects consistent with the OCIO Information Technology Project Management Policy, and OCIO Project Management Framework (Guidelines).
(5) The Proposed Resource must have experience with project status reporting and executive sponsor briefing.
(6) The Proposed Resource must have three (3) years of experience working with state or federal government.
(7) The Proposed Resource must have experience providing software quality assurance testing consultation for cross functional (or multi agency) projects with varying levels of project management maturity.
(1) Knowledge of change management, policy development, and integration, for major IT implementations.
(2) Experience overcoming challenges for providing Software Quality Assurance Testing Assessments for an enterprise initiative.
(3) Successful experience providing Software Quality Assurance Testing Assessments for projects of a similar size.
Scope of Work
The general responsibilities of the Software Quality Assurance Resource will include but shall not be limited to the following:
(1) Participate in requirements development process.
(2) Evaluate the solution design to identify the test scope and cases.
(3) Develop and manage a comprehensive test plan. This plan should address the unit, system integration, user acceptance, and usability testing phases.
(4) Evaluate existing agency test processes and tools, making recommendations as to opportunities for improvement, and implementing any approved tool/process improvements in support of the specific demands of the project.
(5) Ambiguity analysis of all design to identify defects prior to configuration and development.
(6) Development and execution as well as coordination of systems integration, end-to-end, and user acceptance testing.
(7) Develop a Release/Configuration Plan prior to Test Phase.
(8) Develop and execute a Release/Configuration Coordinator role through Test and Production Phases.
(9) Develop functional and technical test data, scenarios, use cases and scripts.
(10) Maintain a test case traceability matrix to ensure the entire functional and technical scope is included.
(11) Facilitate test execution. This includes tracking execution results, documenting performance, and documenting results (including potential defects).
(12) Facilitate the evaluation of defects and root cause analysis with the vendor and project resources.
(13) Facilitate the execution of regression testing activities.
(14) Participate in and support the development of other related project deliverables.
(15) Coordinate testing resources to accomplish the scope outlined through each phase.
(16) Evaluate testing processes to identify and manage risk areas.
d. Roles and Responsibilities of the Software Quality Assurance Tester
(1) Quickly understand the business and systems domain within the scope of work to support test planning and test design.
(2) Identify and work closely with subject matter experts and other key stakeholders to produce the scope of work.
(3) Conduct the ambiguity resolution process, through working sessions as necessary, to ensure completely testable and implementable design specifications.
(4) Collaborate with both business and IT teams to ensure testability and coverage.
(5) Actively support the agency, project team, selected vendor and other key stakeholders to ensure the success of the new solution.
(6) Develop test plans and test scenarios/cases based on industry standards and agreed upon coverage standards.
(7) Conduct / coordinate all aspects of testing including test design, test data setup, test execution, and defect triage.
(8) Identify opportunities for test automation and providing recommendations where it can/should be leveraged to support regression testing for ongoing in-project releases and future project phases.
(9) Develop and maintain test automation for select functions as agreed upon/directed by the project team.
(1) The Comprehensive test plan inclusive of the unit, system integration, user acceptance, and usability testing phases.
(2) The Comprehensive Release and Configuration Plan inclusive to test and production phases.
(3) The functional and technical test data, scenarios, use cases and scripts.
(4) The test case traceability matrix.
(5) The test execution performance reports.
(6) Test phase completion and acceptance.
(7) The testing closeout report identifying the scope of work, completion reports, performance metrics and unresolved defects with the estimate of delivery.