Job ID: MS-63769 (90090724)
Govt Procurement PM/Admin (CPM/CMPA/PMP) with BA, services contract, IT infrastructure, Active Directory, SAN, vendor management and Medicaid (CMS) experience
Location: 3771 Eastwood Dr City Jackson MS (Department of Medicaid (DOM))
Duration: 3 years
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Additional document is required with resume submittal. Document is also attached.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE # YEARS
Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of IT system implementation 3+
Business analysis experience gathering and documenting technical and business requirements and translating them into viable procurement requirements for inclusion in competitive procurement instruments 5+
State government procurement experience with broad knowledge of both Information Technology and Personal
Services Contract procurement guidelines, rules and regulations (for Mississippi, that is ITS and PPRB) 3+
Proven experience managing state procurements throughout the procurement and project lifecycle via tasks such as documenting and validating requirements, drafting and releasing procurement instruments, developing a solid persuasive business case, responding to vendor questions, evaluating vendor proposals, procurement award, contract negotiations, and vendor onboarding, etc. See below requirement
Direct hands-on responsibility for a minimum of 10 procurements (Fill out Attachment A – Procurement Experience. Document must be submitted with resume) See attachment
-Basic technical understanding of network-based infrastructure concepts such as web content management, remote access technology, databases, Active Directory, backups, server/network/SAN administration, etc. 2+
Proficiency using Microsoft Office Products (e.g. Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, etc.) 2+
Experience working with outside entities (legal, vendors, state and federal oversight) to negotiate and manage
vendor contracts 2+
Experience in information technology planning efforts 1+
Experience working across agency boundaries to produce a robust, non-biased, competitive procurement instrument 2+
Preference given to candidates with the below skills/experience. Must also meet minimum requirements.
Technical and procurement experience working with State Medicaid Agencies
Experience understanding and interpreting Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) processes, rules, and regulations
Ability to effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing
Ability to interact with state and vendor technical staff to ascertain business and information technology needs
Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills
Ability to be flexible, multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Ability to work as a part of a team and independently
Ability to communicate effectively with executive and non-executive staff
Ability to effectively prioritize work/tasks based on critical areas and hot issues
Successful character traits include but are not limited to: Inquisitive, decisive, self-motivated, ethical, research oriented, active
listening skills, problem solving ability, critical thinking skills, meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, task and time oriented, flexibility, emotional awareness, influence/negotiation skills, interpersonal skills
Experience budgeting for technology equipment, software and technical consulting services
• Daily management of DOM’s major competitive procurements to meet defined
deadlines and schedules
• Work with DOM’s executive team and procurement staff to manage and ensure the integrity of DOM’s IT procurement process for approximately 6-10 major procurements each year.
• Work closely with the Division of Medicaid staff, the Mississippi Department of Information Technology Services staff (ITS), Personal Service Contract Review staff (PPRB) as necessary throughout the process to ensure a successful procurement.
• Sequence prioritize and coordinate project tasks in a multi-vendor, multi-federal oversight, and multi-agency initiative.
• Assist iTECH’s executive team in advancing the IT planning process.
• Develop and deliver written and oral presentations as needed to applicable Boards to secure approval.
• Utilize experience and project management skills to successfully manage multiple IT procurement projects simultaneously, working independently without significant oversight.
• Develop and provide a monthly status report detailing activities of the previous month, barriers/blockers, schedule concerns and planned activities for the next month.
• DOM will provide office space, access to office equipment (such as printer, scanner) and network connectivity for the onsite Contractor. Contractor must provide their own computing equipment (laptop) and phone.
• With the prior permission of DOM, certain work can be performed offsite if it can be demonstrated that the off-site work provides a savings to DOM, and the work done offsite does not interfere with or slow progress or reduce the quality of the work product(s).
• Perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS(S) Project Management Professional (PMP); Certified Mississippi Purchasing Agent (CMPA); Certified Public Manager (CPM)