Request ID: BL-9519-1 (94590917)
GIS Analyst with Tableau, Alteryx, ArcGIS, ArcPro, python, SQL, cartography, data management and SAS experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 6 Months Hrs/Wk: 37.50
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• High-level analytical and problem-solving skills and strategic-thinking capacity.
• Ability to understand data and the other underlying trends and use that information to help craft meaningful narratives.
• 3+ years of health GIS experience; understanding of health and place concepts.
• Masters in geography, GIS, public health, environmental science or relevant experience.
• Expertise with GIS, data analytics tools, and data visualization applications such as Tableau, Alteryx, ArcGIS, ArcPro, and a programming language, (e.g., python, SQL).
• Demonstrable experience with cartography and telling a story with maps.
• Verbal and written communication skills are critical. Must be able to organize and present thoughts clearly and concisely.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Data Management
• Masters in geography, GIS, public health, environmental science or relevant experience
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1
Miscellaneous ArcServ Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous GIS Expereince Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
MMIS – Medicaid Management Informaiton System • Experience with the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) principles and framework Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Packaged Applications ARCGIS Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages Python Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Additional Skills: experience with healthcare data
Remote Work Availability: 0%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The client is looking for a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst to contribute to the continued growth and evolution of our geospatial strategy and visualization in health policy research. We seek an analyst with exceptional cartography and mapping design skills, a passion and track record for working with strong motivated teams, innovative and creative out of the box thinking, and exceptional collaborative skills to work on initiatives that cross over many groups.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Principle Responsibilities and Duties: This position will specialize in interpreting data and information through a geospatial lens and creating innovative ways to visually present data focused on geospatial health research. The GIS Analyst will have primary responsibility to:
• Analyze all aspects of Medicaid data and the relationship with social determinants of health.
• Leverage that knowledge and expertise for research products and deliverables as well as web development efforts.
• Deliver mapping solutions by defining the user requirements, workflow and collaborating with various business and project teams.
• Develop innovative cartography and infographics.
• Communicate regularly with team and management providing timely feedback to facilitate continual workflow within established timelines.
• Develop strong relationships with the IFS team to understand the content and facilitate the use of research and GIS.
• Expand the overall capacity for creative and informative visualizations and GIS platform including processes, products, and ability to positively impact our work.