Request ID: BL-9700-1 (93890129)
GIS Analyst with Health Research ESRI ArcGIS, ArcPro, ArcOnline, cartography, SAS and Data Management experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 6 Months Hrs/Wk: 37.50
References needed at candidate submission (min of three and 1 must be from a supervisor)
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to understand data and the other underlying trends and use that information to help craft meaningful narratives.
• Bachelors in geography, GIS, public health, environmental science, or relevant experience
• Expertise Esri suite of GIS software including ArcGIS, ArcPro, ArcOnline.
• Demonstrable experience with cartography and telling a story with maps
• Verbal and written communication skills are critical. Must be able to organize and present thoughts clearly and concisely.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Data Management
• Proficient in SAS
• Bachelors in geography, GIS, public health, environmental science, or relevant experience (5 years)
Administrative Problem Solving Skills Yes 1
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1
Packaged Applications ARCGIS Yes 1
Programming Languages SAS Yes 1
Additional Skills: experience with cartography
Remote Work Availability: 0%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Institute for Families in Society (IFS) at the University of South Carolina is looking for a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst/Health Research to contribute to the continued growth and evolution of our geospatial strategy and visualization in health policy research. We seek an analyst with a passion for working with strong motivated teams, innovative and creative out of the box thinking, and collaborative skills to work on initiatives that cross over many groups.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties: This position will be responsible for updating and geocoding data, creating metadata, and developing and interpreting trends found between years of data. The GIS Analyst will have primary responsibility to:
• Understand the inventory of GIS data and maintain the update schedule.
• Create charts, tables, and maps describing the updated data and implications.
• Deliver mapping solutions by defining the user requirements, workflow and collaborating with various business and project teams.
• Communicate regularly with team and management providing timely feedback to facilitate continual workflow within established timelines.
• Develop strong relationships with the IFS team to understand the content and facilitate the use of research and GIS.