Job ID: NC-622356 (918990218)
ERP program manager with vendor management and ERP finance implementation experience
Location: Raleigh, NC (NCOSC)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Proven ERP project management experience. Required 15 Years
Experience implementing two or more separate ERP implementations, each of which exceed $15 million Required 7 Years
Experience in ERP vendor management and negotiations Required 7 Years
Experience leading the creation of short and long-term goals and initiatives for an ERP project Required 7 Years
Experience leading executive level meetings and presentations Required 7 Years
Client-referenceable project leadership role of at least 18 months in an ERP-finance implementation spanning at least 30 organizational entities (agen Required 1.5 Years
Experience managing and building cross functional project teams Required 10 Years
The Financial Backbone Replacement (FBR) Program Manager, located within the North Carolina Office of the State Controller (OSC), is a critical leadership role with responsibilities for project management, coordination and technical oversight of the FBR project, the State’s initiative to implement a statewide ERP financial system with initial objectives to deploy financial application capabilities to replace and enhance the functionality currently provided by the North Carolina Accounting System (NCAS) and the Cash Management Control System (CMCS). The FBR efforts will also serve as the foundation for the State’s future technology system of record processes. Because of the project and program management experience as well as extensive technical ERP experience required to be successful in this position, this is hybrid “Technical Program Manager” role, hence the technical architect category.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Primary responsibility for management of the integrated master plan, including verification of change control processes and regular reporting of verified status.
• Primary responsibility for deliverables management, including verification of status and acceptance process compliance.
• Primary responsibility for project controls management, including Issue, Risk, Decision, and Action Item data in the project management system (PMC), compliance with the relevant Management Plans.
• Primary responsibility for project procurement management, including procurement and invoicing status reporting, coordination with OSC and Division of Information Technology (DIT) Procurement, and process compliance.
• Secondary responsibility (Program Director primary) for the FBR program management office, project management processes, and project performance metrics.
The FBR Program Manager is additionally responsible for providing expert ERP technical guidance and direction to FBR, including but not limited to:
• Expert support to OSC with vendor management and negotiations,
• Project planning, estimating, scheduling, and analysis
• Project resourcing, including needs analysis, planning, sourcing, and performance management
• Project controls management,
• Technical recommendations/best in class advice, and
• Vendor-independent verification of project performance metrics and project management process compliance.