Job ID: MD-001B9400262 (915091207)
e-procurement PM (PMP) with e-commerce implementation, eMaryland, financial/purchasing and government experience
Location: 45 Calvert Street Annapolis, MD
Duration: 5 years
Certifications: PMP/PMI-ACP/CSM/CSPO/CSD/PSM/PSPO/PSD/SAFe/DaD/LeSS (any)
Documents: signed skill matrix (attached)
Positions: 1 (1/1)
Education: Master’s degree; or current Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and at least one of the following: 1) current PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), current Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Developer (CSD), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) or equivalent certification. Other certifications include Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Disciplined Agile Delivery (DaD), and Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS).
a. General Experience:
1) Project management experience and experience supervising technical staff.
2) Demonstrated success managing multi-million dollar IT solution implementation projects.
3) Good working knowledge required of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and/or State IT project management guidelines and procedures.
4) At least three years of experience supervising a highly skilled information technology team.
5) Experience managing a team of highly skilled IT professionals in an applications environment.
6) Demonstrated strong project management skills, including project and resource planning, activity sequencing, risk assessments, communication planning, and status reporting.
7) Experience leading projects of moderate complexity similar to the eMM project.
8) Experience in developing, maintaining, and implementing complex business applications that use relational database management systems.
9) Excellent written and oral communication skills at all organizational levels.
10) Well organized and the ability to organize others to accomplish goals within prescribed timeframes.
11) Strong interpersonal skills.
12) Demonstrated ability to build relationships between business units to support a singular mission
b. Specialized Experience:
1) Experience, within the past five years, implementing an e-commerce or e- procurement solution for a public entity.
2) Experience, within the past five years, implementing an e-commerce or e- procurement solution for a private entity.
3) Knowledge of the electronic procure-to-pay or source-to-pay industry.
4) An understanding of the functionality of the eMaryland Marketplace currently used by the State of Maryland and the role it plays in Maryland’s procurement processes.
5) Knowledge of public procurement processes.
6) Knowledge of financial and purchasing systems.
7) Experience with the entire systems development life cycle including programming, systems analysis and design, business process analysis, implementation and support.
Duties / Responsibilities
1. Support eMM State eProcurement Program and other strategic projects, including but not limited to:
a) Act as the eMM Program application project manager or technical lead for assigned IT projects.
b) Monitor project schedule and task completion, mentor staff, and coordinate with business stakeholders to meet agreed to project schedules, budget, and technical requirements.
c) Provide strategic guidance and input to the supported eMM Program
Management team for eMM-related technology initiatives.
d) Work closely with the Department of Information Technology (DoIT) and
Department of General Services (DGS) leaders to ensure projects are in alignment with statewide procurement plan, statewide IT master plan, data governance and security plans, and the objectives and goals in those plans.
2. Provide technical services, including but not limited to:
a) Develop recommendations and plans to maintain eMM Program applications at release levels that insure a reliable technical infrastructure. Identify functional changes in release levels and advise customers on the impact of these changes.
b) Provide project management and coordination for all technology initiatives, to include status reports, project plan updates, and required project documentation.
c) Document changes in scope or other problems that affect work and timelines.
Keep customers informed of work estimates and changes.
d) Develop and maintain project implementation and configuration management guidelines and procedures.
e) Effectively communicate with the Director for the eMM Program, sponsors
and other IT team members involved in pertinent tasks and issues.
f) Work as an integral part of the eMM Program team, including providing assistance to other DoIT and DGS IT Staff when necessary.
3. Provide team management and administration tasks, including but not limited to:
a) Conduct periodic staff meetings and maintain effective communication links with the eMM Program team through individual verbal discussion, web-ex, and e-mail regarding team project goals and initiatives.
b) Encourage eMM Program team technical skills development and
improvements through continuing education, training seminars, and workshops.
c) Foster a team environment and atmosphere to grow team cohesiveness.
d) Ensure tasks are completed by eMM Program team members and by contracted services providers by all due dates.
e) Support intent of Maryland Small Business program and goals when making vendor sourcing decisions for goods and services.
4. Customer Relationship Management, including but not limited to:
a) Inform the eMM Program team about changes to technology plans upcoming maintenance and testing activities.
b) Provide best value technology solutions to business units.
c) Provide assistance to the eMM Program team, when needed, in working with the DGS and DoIT IT team members, or the State Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) to resolve issues, service requests or implementation of new technology solutions.
5. The Project Manager shall be required to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, standards and guidelines affecting Information Technology projects, which may be created or changed periodically. It is the responsibility of the Project Manager to ensure adherence and to remain abreast of new or revised laws, regulations, policies, standards and guidelines affecting project execution.