Document Management Engineer with PSIGen Capture, EMC Captiva, Kodak Capture Pro, Open Text Capture Center, sharepoint, MFP, data extraction scripting (VB/C#), web services/SOAP/WCF, networking and clustering/high availability experience
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 12 months
The NC Department of Transportation Project Management Office through the Enterprise Document Management team is seeking a short-term (approx. 12 month) scanning & imaging specialist in conjunction with an ongoing Enterprise Project Management Project for our SharePoint 2013 platform implementation.
The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for designing, installing, configuring and assisting with the prototyping of various scanning technologies and imaging solutions for Document Management in the SharePoint 2013 environment, under the guidance of a matrix team approach for both the DMS and Architecture team.
Candidates responsibilities shall include working independently and with team members to share knowledge across teams to:
• Install, configure and test different scanning technologies as part of a prototype effort.
• Design and configure imaging solutions for centralized and local scanning.
• Design and implement solutions for scanning to SharePoint 2013.
• Design and implement scanning solutions from different MFP hardwares.
• Design and implement form recognition, classification and data extraction for different types of documents, including customized data extraction and data validation logic via scripting.
•Write design and technical documentation based on the proposed solution and implementation strategies.
•Work with the DMS project team to develop enterprise and solution specific services for scanning to SharePoint 2013.
•Support the scanning technologies in production, resolve issues, apply upgrades and patches, and implement change requests
•Work closely with architecture team, the SharePoint technical team and the DMS team to successfully integrate with the overall SharePoint implementation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
• Minimum of (4) years of designing and implementing scanning, imaging and document/content management solutions.
• Minimum of (2) years of architecting and installing distributed scan technologies with high availability and clustering.
• Minimum of (1) year of SharePoint 2010 experience and SharePoint 2013 technical knowledge and expertise.
Required Tool Experience
• PSIGen Capture for SharePoint or
• EMC Captiva 7 (or older versions) or
• Kodak Capture Pro for SharePoint or
• Open Text Capture Center 10
• Participated in previous SharePoint implementations, ideally with SP2013 or SP2010.
• Experience programming custom field extraction modules with VB, C# or similar scripting languages.
• Experience with web service integration via SOAP or WCF
• Experience with SQL database queries and data lookup
• Knowledge of information architecture
• Knowledge of networking, firewalls, Windows server operating systems, Active Directory/ADFS