Job ID: MNCity-DS (96590926)
Desktop Support Technician with Imaging, Windows 7 to 10 migration, incident management and ServiceNow experience
Location: Minneapolis MN (City of Minneapolis)
Duration: 6 months (upto 40 hrs/week)
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Interview: In-person (on October 3)
Criteria for Awarding Work Order
Demonstrated expertise in Imaging Microsoft OS Windows 7 & Windows 10 environments
Ability to follow structured policy and procedures in an IT environment
Previous Experience with Migrating computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Demonstrated expertise in problem solving in a complex environment
Demonstrated expertise in managing incidents and requests from a ticketing system and maintain related incident resolution history and documentation
Demonstrated experience working in a team environment, showing strong internal and external customer focus, and establishing and maintaining effective relationships
Assist in maintaining hardware and systems inventories, ensuring they are kept up¬ to-date and as accurate as possible
Ability to lift and palletize heavy equipment (PCs, monitors, printers).
Available to use personal vehicle to deliver IT assets to the recipient
• Assisting with the Windows 10 deployment, including but not limited to, ensuring computers within City locations are turned on, monitoring and remediating issues with the deployments.
• Execute IT Refresh activities, including but not limited to, reimaging with base image, installing all software required to utilize the computer, installing/troubleshooting driver issues, windows updates, delivering of the computer, setting up the computer, etc.
• Completing Incidents/Tasks in ServiceNow, including but not limited to, software installs, deliveries, reassignment of assets, refresh equipment past its lifecycle, general troubleshooting of IT issues, etc.
• Office setting at City locations.
• Up to 40 hours per week for the duration of the services. Hours will vary; for instance, evening hours are required roughly every other day and some weekend hours may be necessary. The City shall endeavor to provide, at minimum, a week’s notice of its expectation of hours worked for the upcoming week.
• Use of resource’s personal vehicle to deliver IT assets to various local destinations.