Job ID: NC-587606 (93690219)
Desktop Support Manager (A+/Security+/ITIL) with BMC Remedy/ServiceNow, Windows, Office, O365, networking, training, ITIL and incident/problem/change management experience
Location: Raleigh NC
Duration: 6 months
Interview Type: In Person only
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Experience providing support as a Service Desk Manager (including training and mentoring), in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Required 2 Years
Experience with BMC Remedy 7.6 or higher and Service Now. Required 2 Years
Advanced problem-solving skills in Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office suite, and Office 365. Required 4 Years
Advanced problem-solving skills in network connectivity, network printing, email, smartphones, and web-based applications. Required 4 Years
Experience training/mentoring Tier 1 Service Desk Technicians in process, customer service and technical skills improvement. Required 2 Years
Basic understanding of ITIL V3 processes, including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management. Required 2 Years
HDI Service Desk Manager certification, ITIL V3 Foundation, A+ or Security+ certification is highly desired. Highly desired
The Service Desk Manager I provides daily oversight and operations support to the Service Desk team in support of Department of Information Technology (DIT) Services. This position is critical in promoting communication, positive employee morale, team work and positive customer relationships and requires a passion for driving service excellence to support a diverse population, including state and local government, private businesses and citizens across North Carolina.
This position’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Oversee incidents and service requests in the ITSM application, in accordance with established processes, procedures and service level agreements to ensure a positive customer experience.
• Assist in day to day operations by ensuring phone and ticket queues are handled within SLA’s.
• Use workforce management (WFM) technology to ensure adequate coverage for all shifts, 24/7/365.
• Prepare reports and analyze performance metrics.
• Contribute to annual employee performance appraisals.
• Help train and mentor employees to ensure consistency across the team.
• Identify trends and communicate high and critical priority issues to management.
• Provide suggestions for continual service and process improvement.
• Support and serve as back up to existing Service Desk Manager.
Provide support for the following DIT services:
• North Carolina Identity Management (NCID), Active Directory, VoIP/Enterprise IP Telephony (EIPT), PBX, and Centrex systems, mainframe, printer, desktop, and unified communications (including email) and others, as directed.
• Determine when to escalate issues to DIT Tier 2 and Tier 3 groups, vendor, or other agency service desks.
• Proficiency with ITSM and call center applications.
• Understanding of the DIT environment and offerings in the DIT Service Catalog.
• Understanding of DIT applications.
• Proficient with DIT policies, processes and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
Experience providing support as a Service Desk Manager (including training and mentoring), in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Skilled in an IT Service Management application, including ability to analyze data. Understanding of call center environment and metrics. Highly skilled in WFM. Experience with BMC Remedy 7.6 or higher and Service Now. Effective leadership and communication skills (verbal and written), including proficient typing, grammar, and spelling skills are required. Advanced problem-solving skills in Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, Microsoft Office suite, Office 365, network connectivity, network printing, email, smartphones, and web-based applications. Experience training/mentoring Tier 1 Service Desk Technicians in process, customer service and technical skills improvement. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Capable of resolving routine problems based on existing documentation, training, and resources. Demonstrate a sense of ownership and urgency. Excellent customer service and organization skills. Ability to establish proactive relationships with customers and escalation groups, including providing education to customers as appropriate. Able to convey ideas on non-routine subjects clearly. Basic understanding of ITIL V3 processes, including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management. HDI Service Desk Manager certification, ITIL V3 Foundation, A+ or Security+ certification is highly desired.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in computer information technology or related curriculum from an appropriately accredited institution; and a minimum of 6 years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.